500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

I was looking at the map and noticed that building just north of this property is a "Private Facility Contract Monitoring/Oversight Division - Intermediate Sanction Facility." The goal of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, which this is under, is to "...promote positive change in offender behavior, reintegrate offenders into society, and assist victims of crime."

Who would have thought they're the ones who truly started off this east downtown residential boom :P

I doubt Fingers wants this to be advertised much. Then again, people who move into places like this are in a sense residential pioneers and probably don't care.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/unit_directory/xm.html

• 4 weeks later...

Well, today was the day they demolished the Ben Milam Hotel. Fairly light turnout compared to some other demolitions, but it didn't seem to have as high a profile. Kind of a shame they couldn't make some use of it, it only takes up about an eighth of the site.

Here is the video I took.

Before. What is left of the sign on the north corner.

itlTrCbmEaND7.png

Looking down Preston St. afterwards.

ifUA9pAg6ysf9.png

Edited by YakuzaIce
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The fastest growing city in America, the top city for job creations and worldwide media attention............I believe it is on its way to becoming a world class city.  It seems that the pace is growing each passing month.   By next year I would not be surprised to hear of skyscrapers off I-45 going toward Galveston.

• Like 1