500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

I'm almost positive removing the signs had nothing to do with this project. It came about the same time of ownership and management change. It had more to do with them listening to the fans and their complaints. The citgo sign was moved over I believe, so unless they start developing in northeast downtown it won't be a problem.

• Like 1

The new ownership put the signs up in the first place.

they came down after Reid Ryan was hired.

Not only that. the roof has been open at almost every game this season. He knows what the fans want.

Edited by LarryDierker
  • Like 2

The Citgo sign was moved over to make room for the Community Leaderz!!!!!!! ads. 

As a baseball geek who remembers "Coke! Sprite! DDT!" at Colt Stadium, I appreciate the improvement of the farm system.  As a former 25 - 30 game per season attender, I still ain't there - not because they blew the club up (a concept with which I agree), but because I can't keep up with them on TV when I can't go, and every dang thing in the building costs more - for less.  Feh!

The Citgo sign was moved over to make room for the Community Leaderz!!!!!!! ads.

As a baseball geek who remembers "Coke! Sprite! DDT!" at Colt Stadium, I appreciate the improvement of the farm system. As a former 25 - 30 game per season attender, I still ain't there - not because they blew the club up (a concept with which I agree), but because I can't keep up with them on TV when I can't go, and every dang thing in the building costs more - for less. Feh!

But can't you take your own drink and water now?

• Like 1

But can't you take your own drink and water now?

yes. food too.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/ballpark/food_policy.jsp

Fans are now allowed to bring food and water into Minute Maid Park for Astros games. When bringing food and water to the ballpark, we ask that you follow a few guidelines:

• Minute Maid Park Water Policy:
  • Fans can bring in one (1) factory sealed, plastic water bottle per person
  • Maximum one (1) liter in size

• Minute Maid Park Food Policy:
  • Fans can bring food in a clear plastic bag
  • Maximum size is a one-gallon bag (standard Ziploc bag)

Edited by LarryDierker

Watching the Stros game online and they showed this shot. I had to take a screen grab ;)

Saw this as well with the link you gave me! :)

Even the announcer knew what was going on

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 1

I'll post the pictures later but I don't see any indication of a crane base. I'll be back in the area for Critical Mass (here comes the haters lol)... I'll double check when they're aren't so many construction workers.

I spoke to the someon on site today and just like the Suzanne this is the only crane and it's sole use is for putting up the garage.

They're using the same construction methods as the Dunlavy project.

• Like 1

I spoke to the someon on site today and just like the Suzanne this is the only crane and it's sole use is for putting up the garage.

They're using the same construction methods as the Dunlavy project.

Cool! Anyone who hasn't kept tabs on The Susanne should check it out - by far the fastest mid rise project in town.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a few weeks ago that they were using the same construction method as the Susanne on Dunlavy, but apparently its not exactly the same, because I noticed the other day and just confirmed by these images above that they are pouring reinforced steel columns and on the Susanne they are using some sort of u shaped steel beams between the metal framed walls. So it is a different method. This seems more traditional and as I stated when I first saw the Susanne going up I had not seen that type of system before.

• 3 weeks later...