500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

I can't remember but is this going to be clad in brick or Stucco like the Suzanne? I hope its brick.

It looks like it will be all brick. A redish brick and a tanish brick. then you have the split face stone veneer at the bottom portion.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ wow, that white stone is of such thickness and high quality, that it shall render this place virtually indestructible.  it's going to be quite expensive to reside at this magnificent edifice!  

• Like 3

Minute Maid park and the Toyota center are going to look so urban and developed around in those ariel shots the TV always runs during commercials - no sea of parking lots but instead high rises and mid rises

• Like 3

Aluminium framing for the support structure! They can be a little heftier with their architectural details. :D  

Do you think it's aluminum? I just assumed it was galvanized steel. Doesn't stone/brick simply just sit on top of the brick below it or is it anchored to the wall?

Do you think it's aluminum? I just assumed it was galvanized steel. Doesn't stone/brick simply just sit on top of the brick below it or is it anchored to the wall?

It would either be galvanized steel or Stainless.

The stone would sit on a concrete lip that is part of the foundation. The brick would be stacked on top of that. Masonry ties helps keep the stone and brick attached to the structure. Lets also remember that even though we see the hollow wall off the galvanized steel, covering the those studs would be a layer of gypsum board (the yellow looking board), then you will have rigid insulation on top of that. Then an air gap and then the stone/brick after that with masonry ties holding the brick and are attached to the studs.

The framing looked like aluminum to me. The studs and everything were that way as well. No way its galvanized steel frame. Overtly expensive with no reason to galvanize it (its not exposed to elements). Stainless steel would be even more expensive, and weaker. Stainless steel has a lower yield strength than carbon steel.

I'll go back to the photos later, but I'm pretty confident it was an aluminum frame structure. 

Well, I looked at the photos. It could be steel. I thought the metal framing studs were only offered in aluminum. But they got it in steel as well

http://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/metal-framing/c-5695.htm

My Apologies. 

I'm sure there are people that will use aluminum studs, but in most cases (in my very very short career thus far :P ) I've dealt with mostly galvanized steel studs. I also say stainless steel because I'm working on a small job right now where the owner is calling for Stainless steel because they have had problems in other buildings where the connection point of the stud and concrete floor/foundation the stud would rust so they want stainless steel to help counteract that.

Looks like brick 

11522423356_52c7558618_o.jpg

Is it just me or does the garage facade in the middle resemble a train station? Definitely seeming like a very nice project.

Man talk about having an awesome vibe outside the stadium. We are easily going to have one of the best baseball environments for national media.

Everything except the standalone parking garage being built directly south of MMP.

• Like 1

Is it just me or does the garage facade in the middle resemble a train station? Definitely seeming like a very nice project.

Everything except the standalone parking garage being built directly south of MMP.

Totally with you on this one. A row of unique bars/restaurants would be cool on that street.

Well I think the whole thing was meant to look like Union Station next door, right?

Yeah, I always thought the architecture and colors were meant to match MMPs train station, but what stuck out to me this time was the garage facade. I hadn't noticed that before.

Why can't those 300 spots be incorporated into another development? That would be ideal.. Sort of like Marriotts deal to use 700(?) spaces of the GHP garage.

I think our best hope is that in 20-30 years land prices are so high that they would tear it down and do as you suggest with a developer who wants to utilize that spot.

I guess the timing is not right as of now. They need the parking spaces but there's not a developer that needs or wants to do that deal at the moment.

In the meantime, let's hope for ivy on the sides! :)

• Like 1