500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

WjlEDTr.jpg

Comparing the construction pic to the rendering (same angle from Texas Ave), I'd say we have a slight design change.

Upper portions of the building are now entirely brick instead of alternating portions of stone & brick. I like the change.

2_1.jpg

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 7

Comparing the construction pic to the rendering (same angle from Texas Ave), I'd say we have a slight design change.

Upper portions of the building are now entirely brick instead of alternating portions of stone & brick. I like the change.

2_1.jpg

I agree, this design will age beautifully.
  • Like 2

2_1.jpg

Maybe I am missing what you are saying. Looks like they will paint the brick grey/white on the upper two floors in certain sections, and there will still be stone on the first floor.

Anyway, the line that was to seperate the brick from the top stone/white brick is still there, and it runs all the way across the building. Personally, I think it looks out of place, but that's just nitpicking.

I think that's there because, as the original rendering shows, they will paint the bricks white above that line on certain portions of the upper floors. Why do all that just to paint it grey/white? I didn't tell them to do it man.  :)

Zoomed in on my Macbook. The textures match. Unfortunately looks like painted brick to me. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Why would they take down scaffolding if they had to paint the over the brick later?

I agree with Brijonmang. I think the original plan was stone or stucco but changed to brick. This matches better with MMP & Union Station then the alternating look on the pervious renders.

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 2

Just curious, what do smokers do in all these new buildings? I remember smelling smoke from below when on a balcony when I lived in Crystal City and I didn't like it, then I saw the typical group that smoked by the loading dock and dumpsters outside.

Usually one of the courtyards, if not all, have dedicated ashtrays.

Just curious, what do smokers do in all these new buildings? I remember smelling smoke from below when on a balcony when I lived in Crystal City and I didn't like it, then I saw the typical group that smoked by the loading dock and dumpsters outside.

IIRC, above the garage facing MMP, there's an outdoor patio that can be used to watch the games from. I'd imagine this would also be a smoking area in addition to some of the balconies and plaza areas.

EDIT: Per website, it's an 8th floor outdoor sports deck.

http://www.500crawford.com

Edited by tigereye