500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

Guest Jackwood

To LTAWACS,

Houston is getting a lot more 'cool' projects than Dallas or Atlanta these days. How many tall iconic towers have been proposed in Dallas lately compared to Houston? There must be at least 20 huge structures or projects either going up or proposed in Houston right now and we haven't even hit our peak, while Dallas is still building low and conservative and trying to fill up what they have already built during the mega-boom they had in uptown 10 years ago.

For what it's worth - this is only friendly advice, LTAWACS, I agree with Gary. I think you should change your signature and watch the instant hostility directed at you dissipate very rapidly. Unless of coarse, the point of that sig is just to get some attention and to annoy people. A lot of people come to this site because they really like Houston and no one likes to have people say mean things about things they love. Can you relate? No one is saying you can't or shouldn't complain about Houston on any given topic, Houston is certainly far from perfect, but a least you won't be inviting altercations with that inaccurate and, frankly childish sounding sig every single time you make a comment. It reads kind of like a temper tantrum. Besides just being wrong and hostile there are all these grammatical errors and typos in it that certainly discredits everything else you write on your comments.

Just give it a try and see what happens.  :)

Edited by Jackwood

Guest Jackwood

We all know Houston is doing great right now. Everyone knows. That sig of yours is only good for inviting unnecessary hostility. To the first time reader your sig says "I am a bitter, immature, uniformed person who never learned how to read or write".

Now relax, it's just the internet.

Edited by Jackwood

We all know Houston is doing great right now. Everyone knows. That sig of yours is only good for inviting unnecessary hostility. To the first time reader your sig says "I am a bitter, immature, uniformed person who never learned how to read or write".

Now relax, it's just the internet.

Weird, that is what his sig says to us longtime posters, as well.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Nothing happening on the property. The city has finished repairing the roads after they tore them apart to upgrade the water-pipe system flowing to the property.... Now it appears just to be a waiting game with the Finger Companies.

• Like 1

Nothing happening on the property. The city has finished repairing the roads after they tore them apart to upgrade the water-pipe system flowing to the property.... Now it appears just to be a waiting game with the Finger Companies.

Update: Finger Company twiddling thumbs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Without going all the way back through this - I'm curious what Subdude thinks of this project?  I could be wrong but he fought me (tooth and nail) over the Ballpark Place residential tower that was proposed way back when it was Astro's Field in this same location.  The gripe was that it would obscure the view of the northern portion of Downtown because of its height.  Correct me if I'm wrong but much of downtown will be obscurred by this project and its 7 floors?  Right?  Just curious...

And I'd love to have a built in spell check on here... Mr Editor :-)

Without going all the way back through this - I'm curious what Subdude thinks of this project?  I could be wrong but he fought me (tooth and nail) over the Ballpark Place residential tower that was proposed way back when it was Astro's Field in this same location.  The gripe was that it would obscure the view of the northern portion of Downtown because of its height.  Correct me if I'm wrong but much of downtown will be obscurred by this project and its 7 floors?  Right?  Just curious...

And I'd love to have a built in spell check on here... Mr Editor :-)

The Ballpark Place tower was a lot taller than seven floors. I want to say it was 36. I think for upper level seats, the view of downtown won't be that much obscured, at least I hope not. I do wish they weren't closing off a street for this.