Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.

lockmat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dang! How Many AT&T Buildings with the plain walls can one city have? Maybe Dallas can give us some left over Gold Glass from the boxes they have left from the 1980s.

I remember watching Back to the Future and thinking someday I will be as old as Marty and Biff's parents and the 1980s will seem as old fashioned to kids today as the 1950s seemed to me...that day has arrived.

I'm actually kind of bummed about the renovation and repainting of a couple North Loop office buildings losing their 80's pizazz. The twins that Comerica occupy, and our little gold box.

We only have this AT&T building and the one Downtown. I don't mind them, a reminder of a time long past. I wonder if a complete overhaul could turn them into giant data centers if they aren't already.

• Like 1

Dang! How Many AT&T Buildings with the plain walls can one city have?

As many as were needed to handle long-distance connections and maintain enough redundancy in case of Soviet attack in the 1960s. Those were designed to survive nuclear war, after all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Aerial_1_Phase1_PRINT.jpg

Whatever happened to the Westheimer/railroad crossing grade separation study? Couldn't they just construct some sort of berm-tunnel over the tracks and have Westheimer go over the berm? I'm thinking cut-and-cover tunnel construction, just without the cutting. A berm crossing would be much less objectionable than a bridge one would think. On the east side of the tracks you might have to close the Westheimer/Suffolk intersection, but surely the Mid Lane intersection could remain open--the incline required wouldn't be so incredible. Do the same for San Felipe and Richmond. I think long term it would be awesome to cover the entire length of track in this area with a berm-tunnel to create a bike path and jogging trail above.

• Like 1