Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.

lockmat

moo. I liked Mid Lane and Briarglen and Bancroft a lot better when they were full of little quaint Zidell apartments. Let the tarring and feathering begin, I know. (Also let the record show that I live in Bear Creek, so I'm not exactly an Inner Loop hipster evangelist.)

These big developments just don't have any character or personality. They could be anywhere, in any city, and you'd never notice a difference. They don't say Houston.

Edited by KristinDaugherty

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had said this in the Predict Houston 2030 topic, but you're right, I can easily see the stretch of Westheimer from Kirby out to the Galleria becoming heavily up-market retail-dominated.  

When and if that happens, I'll bet the city or else a local group will be pushing very hard to give the Westheimer/River Oaks strip a catchy name for marketing purposes (think "Eado", if you must).  You read it here first.  I'm thinking it will be some variation on "Miracle Mile".

i was sketching out my mass transit vision on google earth the other day with the "path" line drawing tool, and i changed my old paper version of a Westheimer subway from Midtown/red line out to Beltway 8, shortening it into a route from Kirby to theGalleria (i have an upper kirby subway line, along with turning the Post Oak LRT/BRT stretch into subway, so the Westheimer line would essentially be following the exact "district" you described, linking Kirby to Post Oak/theGalleria and all the development in between, along Westheimer. anyways when it asked for a name for the new "path" i came up with the "Hightheimer". obviously a mix of Highland Village and Westheimer. similar to a "big-timer" or someone with lots of money.. heh. sorry to bring up a 9 month old discussion, i just had that revelation.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

15378733791_95a2bfe8cc_o.jpgIMG_1334 by Not.Larry.Dierker, on Flickr

2 pedestrians waiting for the train. there were three more on the south side of Westheimer. Sunday AM

15358889546_f7d190c585_o.jpgIMG_1339 by Not.Larry.Dierker, on Flickr

Seems well built.

15195290068_5b08ffc3f0_o.jpgIMG_1345 by Not.Larry.Dierker, on Flickr

Parcel just south of the current construction is fenced off.

15195145279_acf29a0332_o.jpgIMG_1343 by Not.Larry.Dierker, on Flickr

15195392497_d2cde2851a_o.jpgIMG_1341 by Not.Larry.Dierker, on Flickr

15381879055_c8ea2555cd_o.jpgIMG_1340 by Not.Larry.Dierker, on Flickr

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...