Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.

lockmat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wait...so this is taking over the huge empty grass/park like area in front of The James? i was hoping they would turn this into a true park like the new midtown park with music/event venue etc...oh well! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gene said:

wait...so this is taking over the huge empty grass/park like area in front of The James? i was hoping they would turn this into a true park like the new midtown park with music/event venue etc...oh well! 

Half of the property will still be used as a park.

http://ucr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Park-Place-River-Oaks-property-brochure.pdf

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Triton said:

Stonelake Capital Partners has hired commercial real estate brokerage CBRE to scout retailers and businesses in need of office space for the next phase of its development on Westheimer at Mid Lane.

The company is planning two four-story buildings each with 105,000 square feet of retail space on the first and second floors and another 105,000 square feet of office space on the top two floors.The commercial space will be built atop two levels of below-ground parking. 

Last year, Stonelake said it planned to create a 5-acre park at the front of the site, but it was scaled back to 2 acres.

"The below-grade parking and substantial park are significant investments that we are confident will greatly enhance the pedestrian experience along Westheimer, providing an approachable and inviting project that all Houstonians will be able to enjoy," Stonelake's William Peeples said in a statement Wednesday.

Beck Architecture is the project designer and Studio Outside is the landscape architect.

Stonelake said it will break ground in the third quarter of this year with completion scheduled for early 2019.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

My friend at Camden says 20% pre-leased is a home run. 10% is goal. She's told me with so much new inventory coming on line recently that pre-leasing is really tough. Why wait 4 months on B when A is ready to move in right now and giving you a tv?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, AREJAY said:

I understand that it's just pre-leasing, but 6 units, out of 297, in two months? Ouch 

Because most people aren't crazy enough to spend almost $1,800 a month on a 550 sqft studio. This is Houston, you can find a two bedroom in a new wrap for under $2,000.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

@Triton @Urbannizer any chance you all can clean up this thread and change it back to a separate thread for Park Place, The Ivy, The James, and Westheimer Oaks are all different projects at different locations. Hard to follow one project with several lumped together for page and pages.

Aren't Park Place River Oaks, The Ivy and The James all different phases of the same development?   Not sure about Westheimer Oaks, but I don't see it being discussed in this thread...

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Aren't Park Place River Oaks, The Ivy and The James all different phases of the same development?   Not sure about Westheimer Oaks, but I don't see it being discussed in this thread...

That's correct, therefore the three will continue to be discussed here. Westheimer Oaks has its own thread.

1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Yes, The Ivy and The James are part of Park Place, so maybe that's fine. But Westheimer Oaks is definitely not but it's part of the title which was my point...

FWIW, Westheimer Oaks is not part of the title of this thread.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1