Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.

lockmat

3 minutes ago, jmosele said:

I much preferred the old proposal over this I10 feeder-road lookin building. This thing is so bleh. The old proposal would’ve brought excitement and a sense of cohesiveness to that stretch of Westheimer from 610 to the other end of highland village. 

AGREED!

2 hours ago, Avossos said:

AGREED!

Couldn’t disagree more

1) there isn’t THAT much cohesiveness from 610 to the train tracks, or beyond HV for that matter. The only thing cohesive about is all is that there’s dining/shopping along the north side of westheimer. 

2) there’s still going to be ground floor retail

3) this board always complains about underutilized plots and not building tall enough, this does both

4) ROD, HV and even uptown park are struggling to bring in tenants, which is probably why the previous proposal got axed. Plus they still have the east green space for future development.

5) this will look less out of place with Equinox Hotel, ROD phase 2 and further development along west creek. 

9 hours ago, Timoric said:

Wow, that view makes the area look massive, tall, and dense, and it will only get better, love to see this in 10 years, does any other American city have an area this large besides NYC outside the CBD?

What is this area called? It is not uptown, but it looks contiguous to it.

30 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Same.

Depends on who you ask. Its easier to say what its not- River Oaks, Afton Oaks, Royden Oaks, Oak Estates, or Lynn Park. 

Some in real estate refer to it as "Briar Hollow" or Highland Village. 

Most people will refer to it as River Oaks or Uptown. Despite all of the River Oaks branding, as a resident I prefer to refer to it as Uptown. 

14 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

What is this area called? It is not uptown, but it looks contiguous to it.

21 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

They really are trying to call it River Oaks. To me Uptown is only on the other side of 610.

I think it's not totally out of line to describe this as River Oaks. RO extends as far as the RR tracks at its westernmost extension. 

But architecturally, this strikes me as more an eastward extension of Uptown than a westward extension of RO, especially if you consider the buildings on West Loop North to be part of Uptown.

5 hours ago, bobruss said:

Uptown in Houston is the 17th largest in sq. footage metropolitan area in the U. S. 

I don't think Buckhead is anywhere near that.

According to the Colliers Q2 2018 Buckhead submarket report, Buckhead has 21.8 million square feet of office space.  The West Loop submarket has 23.9 million sqaure feet so it's not too far off.

Edited by yaga

3 minutes ago, yaga said:

According to the Colliers Q2 2018 Buckhead submarket report, the Buckhead has 21.8 million square feet of office space.

Nevertheless, Houston is still massive compared to Atlanta.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Fake snow day. Wonder what event it is. I took a photo but it’s nothing special 

Operation Snow Storm will be hosting an event at Park Place for the children at Memorial Herman Children's Hospital

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The rightmost parking area already exists and is under the transmission lines that run adjacent to the train tracks. 

The dark green plot along westheimer is the only other portion that will be developed. The two green areas to the north will remain as park space. 

Edited by LBC2HTX
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...