Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.

lockmat

I believe the entire development is now called Park Place | River Oaks and The James (Phase I) and The Ivy (Phase II) are part of the overall project.  It's the same developer/investor - Stonelake Capital Partners.  Phase III is the 210,000-sf retail/office project fronting Westheimer.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Small incremental changes have happened on the park place lot. There was previously a leasing sign posted on the corner of mid lane. That has been taken down and now there is a nicer park place sign on westheimer and another sign on the north west corner, on mid lane. They also repaired the back alley driveway near the rail road tracks. I bet they start construction soon. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2013 at 1:00 PM, nativehoustonion said:

Something has to be done with the railroad train tracks.  They need a overpass over it with trees, fountains, native plants.  Houston can do ANYTHING!

The train tracks were there before Highland Village.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2018 at 9:30 AM, htownbro said:

The train tracks were there before Highland Village.

Well, where the RR tracks are now was pasture at one time. Needs change and the tracks need to be addressed. Lowering them would be best.  

• Like 1

Changing the grade of existing railroad tracks is an extensive project; the approaches would be much longer, and they would build it to one side to keep the existing line active during construction, all to produce an elevated track at that spot.  Burying the tracks probably won't happen, as it is right next to a drainage ditch. 

A similar problem was going to happen with the original University line that went to the galleria down Richmond - how do you do grade separation?

My feeling is that that crossing will stay for a while, and will eventually prompt an overpass with the road.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In the past week or so, Stonelake has put up a sign advertising ground lease and built to suit for the remaining development... not sure if this is any indication of their current plans not going well or if that advertisement isn’t mutually exclusive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...