Park Place | River Oaks: Mixed-Use Development At Westheimer Rd. & Mid Ln.

lockmat

• 1 year later...

This would either be on weskcreek or just south of it?

Here a quote from the article stating the area.

An affiliate of Stonelake Capital Partners owns an entire block at 4200 Westheimer, which it assembled in a series of 3 purchases completed in July of 2012. It’s currently the site of theWestheimer Oaks office complex and a still life of demolished modern apartment buildings behind it, accessed from Bettis St.Mid Ln. forms the western border.

4200-westheimer-aerial-north.jpg

• Like 2

With the influx of these sort of density driven developments along Westheimer I'm saddened we never thougth putting LR down that road was possible.  I know it would have been a big pain in the *ss but that's where transit driven development would have really taken off!

I shudder at the holiday traffic in this area over the coming decade.

• Like 4

Looks great! I'll say unfortunately, for now, that this high street and RO district have virtually no connectivity. This and ROD blow high street out of the water, which I think was a major disappointment.

Anton Oaks is getting squeezed on all sides which is fine by me!

• Like 3

Looks great! I'll say unfortunately, for now, that this high street and RO district have virtually no connectivity. This and ROD blow high street out of the water, which I think was a major disappointment.

Anton Oaks is getting squeezed on all sides which is fine by me!

I came into this thread thinking the same, I hope since they are all in different stages of being built, decide to allow some sort of relationship with each other with sidewalks and minimize fences and walls between them.

and I still can't get over the name, Crapittos?

looks good... love the density/design. there are several projects in the works in this area that are flying under the radar. whether or not many of them ultimately get off the ground is always the lingering question but don't be surprised to see a few more high rise/mixed-use projects get announced.

• Like 4

With the influx of these sort of density driven developments along Westheimer I'm saddened we never thougth putting LR down that road was possible. I know it would have been a big pain in the *ss but that's where transit driven development would have really taken off!

I shudder at the holiday traffic in this area over the coming decade.

Agreed, if they can build lrt down Richmond they could of done it down westheimer. So much potential along this street

Can Westheimer even handle all this development? Also, makes me wonder what the owners of the Galleria are thinking about this competition.

good points. westheimer is already a mess with traffic. and these developments are probably part of the reason for the new remodeling of theGalleria..

The traffic will be breathtaking, however I still believe these developments will transform this stretch of Westheimer into our Rodeo drive. The Galleria knows it. Theyve really never had any competition. Now they do.HAIFERS, keep a close eye on these projects. Game Changing!

I had said this in the Predict Houston 2030 topic, but you're right, I can easily see the stretch of Westheimer from Kirby out to the Galleria becoming heavily up-market retail-dominated.  

When and if that happens, I'll bet the city or else a local group will be pushing very hard to give the Westheimer/River Oaks strip a catchy name for marketing purposes (think "Eado", if you must).  You read it here first.  I'm thinking it will be some variation on "Miracle Mile".

• Like 1

You know sadly the only development that really engages Westheimer is the already in place Highland Village, the rest are less linear and run into the properties away from Westheimer.  Like a culdesac of high end glossy retail repleat with expensive rental apartments and the occasional condominium tower or townhome.

How about "MidWest"  as in middle Westheimer?

How about "The Highlands" ?  Geographically it is higher in elevation (I think) than Downtown.  And because of High Street and Highland Village one could make the connection?  Besides, Highland Village will always be the more famous of the developments along this stretch of road.  It also makes sense that there would be the Highlands next to Uptown.!?

looks good... love the density/design. there are several projects in the works in this area that are flying under the radar. whether or not many of them ultimately get off the ground is always the lingering question but don't be surprised to see a few more high rise/mixed-use projects get announced.

I look forward to some cool new renderings. Any one in awesome project particular, or just a bunch like these?

• Like 1

The traffic will be breathtaking, however I still believe these developments will transform this stretch of Westheimer into our Rodeo drive. The Galleria knows it. Theyve really never had any competition. Now they do.HAIFERS, keep a close eye on these projects. Game Changing!

Can Westheimer even handle all this development? Also, makes me wonder what the owners of the Galleria are thinking about this competition.

Oliver McMillan concepted the River Oaks District to be Houston's Rodeo Drive. I think Westheimer with the the help of Highland Park, River Oaks District, Mid Lane, Highline/Westcreek, West Avenue, and several other works will be Houston's version of Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles.

I think Neartown/Allen Parkway is quickly becoming Houston's Condo Canyon, which is where Regent Square is.

As for the Galleria, they'll always have their advantages, even with the new competition. The guys managing the Galleria know, that's why they've proses making it into more of a mixed use mall. With the new residential tower of 300 units and reconstruction and renovations of Galleria III. The Galleria's advantages are most apparent on freak weather days, it is what it is. I like the variety in shopping that Uptown will have soon.

Edited by Sellanious Caesar
  • Like 1

The Highland High-End Strip?

West Oaks? or Westhoaks, with an H thrown in there for pretentiousness. haha. West-O? The Highland Strip isnt that bad i guess. or we could be completely unoriginal and just call it The Shops on Westheimer or something related to a local street or area. do you guys see them distinguishing that part of Westheimer from the rest of the street, as a new high end shopping/mixed use district, with unique signage and stuff like how Uptown distinguishes itself from the rest of the city with their chrome light poles and arches?

• Like 2

Why not just continue to call the area Highland Village?? It seems less forced than an EaDo or other geographical name like Midwest.

River Oaks district sounds good too. I know that HLV and ROD do not cover the entire area, but people refer to all of uptown as the galleria area, why not do the same for the area surrounding Highland Village?

Cloud we already have an area called West Oaks.

• Like 2