Spider control anyone?

Guest petricabilo

Guest petricabilo

i need to know the name of a few products i can use that is safe around children and pets in home to keep away and kill existing spiders.

i google this awhile back--tried a few different suggestions but one worked prety well.Because I have parrots, I have to use non toxic-- I tried essential oil of orange -- a teaspoon in large clean spray bottle filled with tap water.--sprayed on any spider i could see, guess the citrus smell drove them away as i wouldn't see spiders at that spot any more. So I sprayed it at places where I had seen spiders before--Haven't seen many spiders since.

I use regular dish soap -- teaspoon soap in large spray bottle filled with tap water -- to spray my house plants that had tiny critters on them-- the next day i misted same plant with plain water--Outside I add 1/2 bottle Louisianna hot sauce with teaspoon soap to spray my tomato plants then next day plain water----these work surprisingly well, and I label each of these in bold letters (contents and what they are to be sprayed on) so no one in the house gets confused.

i google this awhile back--tried a few different suggestions but one worked prety well.Because I have parrots, I have to use non toxic-- I tried essential oil of orange -- a teaspoon in large clean spray bottle filled with tap water.--sprayed on any spider i could see, guess the citrus smell drove them away as i wouldn't see spiders at that spot any more. So I sprayed it at places where I had seen spiders before--Haven't seen many spiders since.

Aside from driving them away... did it kill them? I'm looking into something like this but I dont want to simply drive them away... I want to kill them so they won't return or mate or lay eggs.

I have to say I didn't notice any spider carcasses. . . . . . .

I don't see spiders anymore but seriously doubt the stuff I'm using would kill them. However, my Mom sent a mega sticky insect pad her pesticide guy gave her to use called Catchmasters. I tried this in the tray between the floor and the bottom of the parrot cage--this is not acessible to parrots even if they crawl down the cage and snoop around the house. I haven't noticed any spiders but it does seem to catch most of the little crawlies that try to invade the parrot cage.

Spiders can be really difficult to kill with chemicals. There are some spider sprays around. Your best bet for control is to try to eliminate their food supply. If you can kill or repel their prey you'll see fewer of them.

Archived