AM Radio on Sunday nights in the 80s

Reefmonkey

I remember back in the late 80s listening to "Radio Mystery Theatre" with host EG Marshall on Sunday nights. I can't remember if it was 950 or 740 that played this. Also, one of these stations played old time radio mysteries and adventures. I miss that, I wish AM still had some of that instead of just political talk or sports talk.

It was 740 am. As a teen, I would sit in bed and treat it as story time. Lol

Yeah, me too, we must be about the same age.

I think it is kind of pathetic how AM radio has degraded. When I was a teenager, I had a little sailboat, often would spend all day by myself sailing around West Bay, with a little AM only transister radio (cheap so it would be no great loss if it got wet). I could listen to KRBE simulcast in AM. The sundays there was radio mystery theatre and old time radio. Now, again, it is all conservative talk radio and sports talk. no variety.

Heck, I think radio in general in Houston has really declined. 94.5 calls itself "new music" but they mostly play stuff from my college years, the mid 90s. There is no true oldies station like KLDE used to be, and a lot of the other stations severely overlap each other in their playlists.

I remember back in the late 80s listening to "Radio Mystery Theatre" with host EG Marshall on Sunday nights. I can't remember if it was 950 or 740 that played this. Also, one of these stations played old time radio mysteries and adventures. I miss that, I wish AM still had some of that instead of just political talk or sports talk.

Agreed. However you can hear or download all the old episodes here

http://www.cbsrmt.com/

Archived