Highway 59 - 610 Interchange Partial Rebuild

The traffic on I-69 going north into the Galleria area was abysmal with the one lane closed. People tried to skip it by taking Westpark but looks like everyone tried to do that too and I've never seen Westpark that backed up before. Now, I don't take that way in the morning but I do take that way when I come back home. Probably just going to start taking Beltway 8 to get home to the Heights area now (from Sugarland). What's crazy is at Postk Oak going north to Richmond, they've now brought it down to just one lane for both left and right turns and going straight so even I can't take that shortcut anymore now from Westpark. Seems like anyone and everyone should avoid this area if they can until next year. Seriously.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Triton said:

The traffic on I-69 going north into the Galleria area was abysmal with the one lane closed. People tried to skip it by taking Westpark but looks like everyone tried to do that too and I've never seen Westpark that backed up before. Now, I don't take that way in the morning but I do take that way when I come back home. Probably just going to start taking Beltway 8 to get home to the Heights area now (from Sugarland). What's crazy is at Postk Oak going north to Richmond, they've now brought it down to just one lane for both left and right turns and going straight so even I can't take that shortcut anymore now from Westpark. Seems like anyone and everyone should avoid this area if they can until next year. Seriously.

This was what the construction of the interchanges between 290 and I-10 were like when they were working on that part of 610. However, once they get it done it will be great. I have yet to use that part of 610 (290 and I-10) and things not go smoothly. Now looks like people going through this interchange will know what people in Cypress were complaining about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Luminare said:

This was what the construction of the interchanges between 290 and I-10 were like when they were working on that part of 610. However, once they get it done it will be great. I have yet to use that part of 610 (290 and I-10) and things not go smoothly. Now looks like people going through this interchange will know what people in Cypress were complaining about.

Yea absolutely. Based on the design they've released, I really think this is going to solve some severe congestion issues in the area. Guess people from Sugarland, Rosenberg, Stafford, etc. areas will just have to deal with it. Good thing I am going opposite of traffic!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:50 AM, Triton said:

Just announced they will now also close a left lane going SOUTHBOUND now. Oh boy. Well, traffic isn't too terrible heading towards Sugarland in the morning but we'll have to see what type of affect this has on my commute.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...