Highway 59 - 610 Interchange Partial Rebuild

Who says we're complacent? Just the opposite. We tear down our history with no abandon. I love that Houston is an incubator for creativity. Granted that we get some ugly ass stuff, but we get some great stuff too. I like the recent trend of "modern" style over the throw back fake historical look. Houston has always been a forward looking city. Wish the common architecture embraced it not just the big dollar projects.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2018 at 3:18 PM, texas911 said:

Who says we're complacent? Just the opposite. We tear down our history with no abandon. I love that Houston is an incubator for creativity. Granted that we get some ugly ass stuff, but we get some great stuff too. I like the recent trend of "modern" style over the throw back fake historical look. Houston has always been a forward looking city. Wish the common architecture embraced it not just the big dollar projects.

And since we tear down our history with no abandon, it means the ugly ass stuff won't last forever

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2018 at 9:41 AM, cspwal said:

And since we tear down our history with no abandon, it means the ugly ass stuff won't last forever

Hopefully. I look over in Austin and see some really nice "common" architecture going on and wonder why can't Houston have the same.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at the charts, the 59/610 interchange has restricted airspace starting at 2,000' above it.  However, since it's a densely populated area, in a plane you'd have to fly at least 1,000' above it.  I'm not sure about the rules for a drone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Twitter1 said:

There is now a small structure below the 59 North spur. Hard to see what's going on under there! Wonder if the FAA has issues with a drone flying above 59 - 610 :lol:

It's probably Russell Hancock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

610 & Westpark and the 59 spurs is closed for the weekend. 610 is at a halt. Wonder what they are doing? They've been prepping all week, storing their stuff in the HCC parking lot.

I just passed by there. Looks like they're removing the highway sign gantry in front of HCC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...