• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These look to be about a month or more outdated but these are the pictures on the official website: https://www.dot.state.tx.us/hou610at69/index.htm        

The next section was installed this weekend.    

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Went on 610 tonight, knowing there is a total closure at the 59 spurs.   Was not terrible. To be honest it was normal rush hour traffic. Only a 10 minute delay.

joFwIvt.jpg

What section are they installing this weekend?

1 hour ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Flyover. Here's more photos from today.

ID9Il6p.jpg

RX60mLb.jpg

ZRgUXb0.jpg

ykp5VLR.jpg

xIX1JhP.jpg

iHsJSwh.jpg

I go through this intersection twice a day and I have to admit, I've been impressed with the pace this project has been going.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:56 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Went on 610 tonight, knowing there is a total closure at the 59 spurs.   Was not terrible. To be honest it was normal rush hour traffic. Only a 10 minute delay.

joFwIvt.jpg

See the source image

Edited by DNAguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Williams Brothers are the single largest owner of American Crane's in the world, old school technology , American Crane Corporation was bought by Terex in the mid 90's and haven't built a new crane since. Pretty wild to see some of their bigger one's on jobs like this. 

I know there is a crane operator on here would be curious to hear his take on this random fact. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Chi-Char-Hou-Dal said:

Williams Brothers are the single largest owner of American Crane's in the world, old school technology , American Crane Corporation was bought by Terex in the mid 90's and haven't built a new crane since. Pretty wild to see some of their bigger one's on jobs like this. 

I know there is a crane operator on here would be curious to hear his take on this random fact. 

Never operated an American but the oldest crawler I ever got the chance to operate was an old Bucyrus Erie crawler friction crane at a shipyard when I was first starting out.

The giant hole appears in 2018 in historical street google earth photos.  Before then, it was a few buildings around a concrete pad, with a culvert heading into the concrete pad.  Looking further back on Google Earth, it looks like they may have dug something there in 2002; if I had to guess, it's a preexisting detention tank built in 2002 that they uncovered for this current project for some reason.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 2:46 PM, BigFootsSocks said:

I heard a comment that the contract is 3 years ahead of schedule on this, which sounds like a lot until you remember the original project scope was for over 9 years 😬

For reference, 23 miles of the widest freeway in the world (the Katy Freeway) was built in less time than that.

I don't see how they get away with these kinds of time frames, tbh. This is one of the busiest intersections in North America. I mean...wtf?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...