SkylineView

59 - 610 Interchange Partial Rebuild

There is now a small structure below the 59 North spur. Hard to see what's going on under there! Wonder if the FAA has issues with a drone flying above 59 - 610 :lol:

Looking at the charts, the 59/610 interchange has restricted airspace starting at 2,000' above it.  However, since it's a densely populated area, in a plane you'd have to fly at least 1,000' above it.  I'm not sure about the rules for a drone.

15 hours ago, Twitter1 said:

There is now a small structure below the 59 North spur. Hard to see what's going on under there! Wonder if the FAA has issues with a drone flying above 59 - 610 :lol:

It's probably Russell Hancock.

Seeing two columns rise. One is near the height of the Westheimer spur!

Wonder what the machine is doing on 610 near Bellaire? Seems a bit out of the way. Think it's unrelated to the Fourance exit project?

610 & Westpark and the 59 spurs is closed for the weekend. 610 is at a halt. Wonder what they are doing? They've been prepping all week, storing their stuff in the HCC parking lot.

13 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

610 & Westpark and the 59 spurs is closed for the weekend. 610 is at a halt. Wonder what they are doing? They've been prepping all week, storing their stuff in the HCC parking lot.

I just passed by there. Looks like they're removing the highway sign gantry in front of HCC.

Interesting. Now there’s a concrete barrier on the far right lane heading up to the 59 North spur. Wonder if that was placed there for the weekend project or if it’s permanently placed there for the next few years.

Traffic will not like this.

Westpark Exist Closure is something else. People are now taking the Bellaire/Bissonnet/Fourance exit which is backing up 610 right there.  It's noticeable in my morning commute :rolleyes:

The freeway pillar on the 610/59 spur by the HCC campus is sloping down. I know, or at least hope, it's by design.

While in a Lyft, I got to take photos of the neighborhood freeway barriers going in on 59 South near Chimney Rock.

2GAktuL.jpg

i1ayI7c.jpg

Same thing is happening in Bellaire, on the 610 feeder.

• Like 1

Went to shoot some 610 freeway additions today.  Been meaning to do this for the longest.  Think it went well!

rQkCDfG.jpg

KVEE6iB.jpg

twMqsPx.jpg

• Like 7

I love how it's going to take 6 years to rebuild this intersection when it took less time to rebuild what is now 23 miles of the widest freeway on the planet.

The traffic on I-69 going north into the Galleria area was abysmal with the one lane closed. People tried to skip it by taking Westpark but looks like everyone tried to do that too and I've never seen Westpark that backed up before. Now, I don't take that way in the morning but I do take that way when I come back home. Probably just going to start taking Beltway 8 to get home to the Heights area now (from Sugarland). What's crazy is at Postk Oak going north to Richmond, they've now brought it down to just one lane for both left and right turns and going straight so even I can't take that shortcut anymore now from Westpark. Seems like anyone and everyone should avoid this area if they can until next year. Seriously.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Triton said:

The traffic on I-69 going north into the Galleria area was abysmal with the one lane closed. People tried to skip it by taking Westpark but looks like everyone tried to do that too and I've never seen Westpark that backed up before. Now, I don't take that way in the morning but I do take that way when I come back home. Probably just going to start taking Beltway 8 to get home to the Heights area now (from Sugarland). What's crazy is at Postk Oak going north to Richmond, they've now brought it down to just one lane for both left and right turns and going straight so even I can't take that shortcut anymore now from Westpark. Seems like anyone and everyone should avoid this area if they can until next year. Seriously.

This was what the construction of the interchanges between 290 and I-10 were like when they were working on that part of 610. However, once they get it done it will be great. I have yet to use that part of 610 (290 and I-10) and things not go smoothly. Now looks like people going through this interchange will know what people in Cypress were complaining about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Luminare said:

This was what the construction of the interchanges between 290 and I-10 were like when they were working on that part of 610. However, once they get it done it will be great. I have yet to use that part of 610 (290 and I-10) and things not go smoothly. Now looks like people going through this interchange will know what people in Cypress were complaining about.

Yea absolutely. Based on the design they've released, I really think this is going to solve some severe congestion issues in the area. Guess people from Sugarland, Rosenberg, Stafford, etc. areas will just have to deal with it. Good thing I am going opposite of traffic!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:50 AM, Triton said:

Just announced they will now also close a left lane going SOUTHBOUND now. Oh boy. Well, traffic isn't too terrible heading towards Sugarland in the morning but we'll have to see what type of affect this has on my commute.

The Westpark exit near the HCC Westloop Campus is open.  Hopefully this smooths out traffic.

KNp8luH.jpg

jCv6Yf9.jpg

• Like 2

610 was down to one lane today.  Yikes.

TRWd6xT.jpg

FW5kQyN.jpg

The overhead signage structure is new.

Qlm7Gs7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There is so much work going on. I’m actually glad that our infrastructure is being updated and cared for. 

• Like 3

This bus will have great views during the ride

• Like 3