IAH Vs. DFW

wxman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

United will be starting daily service to Santiago, Chile on December 7th with a 763.

UA847 IAH-SCL 2105-0940

UA846 SCL-IAH 2245-0540

There's also rumor of a Saturday-only service to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, but not sure about that one yet. Great to see new routes from IAH on UA, Santiago was a gaping hole on UA's South American network.

United will be starting daily service to Santiago, Chile on December 7th with a 763.

UA847 IAH-SCL 2105-0940

UA846 SCL-IAH 2245-0540

There's also rumor of a Saturday-only service to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, but not sure about that one yet. Great to see new routes from IAH on UA, Santiago was a gaping hole on UA's South American network.

Great news!   We're steadily moving towards the 200-nonstop destinations milestone.

(FWIW, World Airline News reports the Punta Cana weekly flight, so it seems it's past the rumor stage.)

Yup, Punta Cana schedule is announced. Saturday-only 738 flights, with a second weekly flight between December 20 and January 4.

UA1707 IAH-PUJ 1015-1705

UA1708 PUJ-IAH 1700-1910

Some other nice changes...

IAH-FRA going from 763 to 788 on March 5

IAH-LHR will have two daily 788s in addition to one 763 (previously two 763s and one 788) on January 6

IAH-GRU going from 763 to 772 on October 26

Huge devaluation of united mileageplus is a blow to 98% of united fliers though.

Then fly someone else. Or, use the miles more often. There's never a guarantee that you will get to use them.

Yup, Punta Cana schedule is announced. Saturday-only 738 flights, with a second weekly flight between December 20 and January 4.

UA1707 IAH-PUJ 1015-1705

UA1708 PUJ-IAH 1700-1910

Some other nice changes...

IAH-FRA going from 763 to 788 on March 5

IAH-LHR will have two daily 788s in addition to one 763 (previously two 763s and one 788) on January 6

IAH-GRU going from 763 to 772 on October 26

Yes! And more could be on the way!

Then fly someone else. Or, use the miles more often. There's never a guarantee that you will get to use them.

I use my miles I haven't bought a ticket in seven years to go anywhere. And I will fly for the experience not just for united miles now.

So, looks like DFW gets Emirates A380 service starting in October with Qantas A380 service to Sydney a bit later on.

For IAH, the news is out that Emirates swaps 777 service with the A380 starting 12/3/14.  Coupled with Lufthansa's existing IAH-FRA route and what looks to be Houston Airport System's anticipation of both Air France and Qatar Airways replacing their Boeing 777s with A380s, IAH flyers might soon be seeing 4 of those massive tail fins in north Houston before too long. 

Lots of interesting details are in the city's Terminal D renovation draft plan in case anyone has interest.  IAH is really growing up: the city plans to have 15 gates for Term D including 12 "flex" gates to accommodate various long-haul planes.  When they're not around, those flex gates can service 737s and CRJs.  The .pdf also mentions gate plans include utilization by United Airlines so Term D won't be exclusively for foreign carriers. 

post-13167-0-86675300-1403414084_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

American Airlines plans to fly from Dallas/Fort Worth to Beijing

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2014/09/american-airlines-plans-to-fly-from-dallasfort-worth-to-beijing.html

American did not give a start date for the new flights other than “next summer.” It said it would use a Boeing 777-200ER, the same model being used on the DFW-Shanghai route.

• 2 months later...

Seems like a good time for an update:

Let's look at the current, or soon to be started international service at DFW vs. IAH:

Europe

DFW:  Amsterdam (KL, seasonal only), Paris (AA), London (AA 3X/day, BA), Frankfurt (AA, LH), Madrid (AA)

IAH: Amsterdam (KL, UA), Paris (AF) London (UA 3X/day, BA2X/day), Frankfurt (UA, LH), Moscow (SQ), Munich (UA)

Middle East/Africa

DFW: Dubai (EK), Doha (QR), new:  Abu Dhabi (Eithad)

IAH: Dubai (EK), Doha (QR), Istanbul (UA), Lagos (UA)

Asia/South Pacific

DFW: Tokyo (2X/day, AA), Seoul (AA, KE), Brisban/Sydney (QF), Shanghai (AA), Hong Kong (AA) new:  Beijing (AA to start in mid-2015)

IAH: Tokyo (UA, new: ANA to start 2015), Beijing (CA),  new: Taipei (EVA to start mid-2015)  Singapore (not a nonstop, but same plane direct, SQ)

Deep Latin America:

DFW: Lima, Sao Paulo, Rio, Buenos Aires, Santiago (all AA)

IAH: Lima, Sao Paulo, Rio, Buenos Aires, new:  Santiago (all UA)

Another update:  With the announcement of ANA service and the all-but-announced EVA service, IAH will now have 18 foreign flag carriers (including the charter-only SonAir);  19 carriers with international service.      In comparison, with the soon-to-be-added VivaAerobus, DFW will have 13 foreign flag carriers (three of which are seasonal only); 14 carriers with international service.

IAH:

1. Aeromexico
2. Air Canada
3. Air China
4. Air France

5. ANA
6. British Airways
7. Emirates
8. EVA Air
9. Interjet
10. KLM
11. Korean Air
12. Lufthansa
13. Qatar Airways
14. Scandinavian Airlines
15. Singapore Airlines
16. SonAir *
17. Turkish Airlines
18. VivaAerobus
19. United

* SonAir is charter only

DFW:

1.   Aeromexico

2.   Air Canada

3.   Avianca

4.   British Airways

5.   Cayman Airways (seasonal only and even then only once-weekly)

6.   Emirates

7.   Etihad

8.   KLM (sesaonal only)

9.   Korean

10. Lufthansa

11. Qatar

12. Westjet (seasonal only)

13. VivaAerobus (starting 2015)

14. American

Spirit will also have international service at both. You also left off Avianca for IAH, so really 21 carriers with international service once everything announced starts up (counting SonAir). And Qantas and Sun Country at DFW so they have 17.

Spirit will also have international service at both. You also left off Avianca for IAH, so really 21 carriers with international service once everything announced starts up (counting SonAir). And Qantas and Sun Country at DFW so they have 17.

Avianca does not fly to IAH.  They serve IAH with code shares with TACA.  But it appears I also left of TACA.  Good catch on Spirit.

Right about Qantas and Sun Country. 

Edited:  (Hat-tip to asubrt):

Another update:  With the announcement of ANA service, Spirit service, and the all-but-announced EVA service, IAH will now have 19 foreign flag carriers (including the charter-only SonAir);  21 carriers with international service.      In comparison, with the soon-to-be-added VivaAerobus and Spirit, DFW will have 13 foreign flag carriers (three of which are seasonal only); 16 carriers with international service.

IAH:

1. Aeromexico

2. Air Canada

3. Air China

4. Air France

5. ANA

6. British Airways

7. Emirates

8. EVA Air

9. Interjet

10. KLM

11. Korean Air

12. Lufthansa

13. Qatar Airways

15. Singapore Airlines

16. SonAir *

17. TACA

17. Turkish Airlines

19. VivaAerobus

20. Spirit

21. United

* SonAir is charter only

DFW:

1.   Aeromexico

2.   Air Canada

3.   Avianca

4.   British Airways

5.   Cayman Airways (seasonal only and even

11. Qatar

14. American

15. Spirit

16. Sun Country (4 x per week)

Avianca does not fly to IAH.  They serve IAH with code shares with TACA.  But it appears I also left of TACA.  Good catch on Spirit.

Splitting hairs, but TACA is now called Avianca El Salvador. I said Avianca (which is the Colombian one) but I meant Avianca El Salvador. Either way, it's the same thing. They serve San Salvador and, seasonally, Roatan.

Houston19514,

I believe that you may have left out three carriers for DFW:

1. Etihad

2. Emirates

3. Korean

Also, Volaris has applied for Houston service, so we might get another carrier.

Thanks.

-no1racer

Right about Qantas and Sun Country. 

Edited:  (Hat-tip to asubrt):

Another update:  With the announcement of ANA service, Spirit service, and the all-but-announced EVA service, IAH will now have 19 foreign flag carriers (including the charter-only SonAir);  21 carriers with international service.      In comparison, with the soon-to-be-added VivaAerobus and Spirit, DFW will have 13 foreign flag carriers (three of which are seasonal only); 16 carriers with international service.

IAH:

1. Aeromexico
2. Air Canada
3. Air China
4. Air France

5. ANA
6. British Airways
7. Emirates
8. EVA Air
9. Interjet
10. KLM
11. Korean Air
12. Lufthansa
13. Qatar Airways
15. Singapore Airlines
16. SonAir *

17. TACA
17. Turkish Airlines
19. VivaAerobus

20. Spirit
21. United

* SonAir is charter only

DFW:

1.   Aeromexico

2.   Air Canada

3.   Avianca

4.   British Airways

5.   Cayman Airways (seasonal only and even

11. Qatar

14. American

15. Spirit

Houston19514,

I believe that you may have left out three carriers for DFW:

1. Etihad

2. Emirates

3. Korean

Also, Volaris has applied for Houston service, so we might get another carrier.

Thanks.

-no1racer

Thanks.  Good catch on Volaris.

Not sure how it happened.  I had Etihad, Emirates and Korean listed and you'll note the numbering still reflects their presence.  Thanks for noting their absence.

IAH:  20 foreign flag/22 total carriers with international service

DFW:  13 foreign flag (3 seasonal only)/16 total carriers with international service

IAH:

1.  Aeromexico
2.  Air Canada
3.  Air China
4.  Air France

5.  ANA

6.  Aviance
7.  British Airways
8.  Emirates
9.  EVA Air
10. Interjet
11. KLM
12. Korean Air
13. Lufthansa
14. Qatar Airways
15. Scandinavian Airlines
16. Singapore Airlines

17. Solaris
18. SonAir *

19. Turkish Airlines
20. VivaAerobus

21. Spirit
22. United

* SonAir is charter only

DFW:

1.   Aeromexico

2.   Air Canada

3.   Avianca

4.   British Airways

6.   Emirates

7.   Etihad

8.  KLM (sesaonal only)

9.   Korean

10. Lufthansa

11. Qatar

14. American

11. Qatar

14. American

15. Spirit

Splitting hairs, but TACA is now called Avianca El Salvador. I said Avianca (which is the Colombian one) but I meant Avianca El Salvador. Either way, it's the same thing. They serve San Salvador and, seasonally, Roatan.

I guess they are changing things fast.  Last time I looked (which was not that long ago) they were still operating as two separate airlines.  Thanks for the update.

How the heck is Westjet not serving Houston yet? I realize this may not be the best time to start Calgary, but in terms of its PDEW, it is second only to London for O/D traffic for international travel from Houston. Korean's decision to fly here (aside: don't get me wrong, I love seeing an additional tail fin at IAH), is baffling, but Westjet's absence has been equally baffling.

• 1 month later...

Updated:

IAH:  21 foreign flag/23 total carriers with international service

DFW:  13 foreign flag (3 seasonal only)/16 total carriers with international service

IAH:

1.  Aeromexico
2.  Air Canada
3.  Air China
4.  Air France

5.  ANA

6.  Avianca
7.  British Airways
8.  Emirates
9.  EVA Air
10. Interjet
11. KLM
12. Korean Air
13. Lufthansa
14. Qatar Airways
15. Scandinavian Airlines
16. Singapore Airlines

17. SonAir *

18. Turkish Airlines
19. VivaAerobus

20. Volaris

21. WestJet  (Hat tip to Houstontexasjack)

22. Spirit
23. United

* SonAir is charter only

DFW:

1.   Aeromexico

2.   Air Canada

3.   Avianca

4.   British Airways

6.   Emirates

7.   Etihad

8.  KLM (sesaonal only)

9.   Korean

10. Lufthansa

11. Qatar

14. American

11. Qatar