Which is more reliable forecast?

Pleak

We are going camping this weekend and I checked the forecasts. Weather Underground lists 20% chance of rain on Saturday, 40% on Sunday and 50% on Monday. The National Weather Service lists 0% for Saturday and Sunday and 10% for Monday.

I know we have a few weather-people on here. Which one usually has the more reliable forecasts? And why would there be such a wide discrepancy?

I really don't relish camping with a bunch of kids in a thunderstorm.

We are going camping this weekend and I checked the forecasts. Weather Underground lists 20% chance of rain on Saturday, 40% on Sunday and 50% on Monday. The National Weather Service lists 0% for Saturday and Sunday and 10% for Monday.

I know we have a few weather-people on here. Which one usually has the more reliable forecasts? And why would there be such a wide discrepancy?

I really don't relish camping with a bunch of kids in a thunderstorm.

I think it would help to know the forcast for the area where you're going to be.

I think it would help to know the forcast for the area where you're going to be.

Umm - this is the forecast for where we are camping. Not quite sure what you are asking. The location is Edna, Texas.

Interestingly enough - in the last hour, weather underground's forecast has now changed to 10% change each day. A whole lot better camping weather and pretty much in line with the National Weather Service. Guess that answers my question. Wunderground is perhaps slower in updating?

I like Underground for a lot of different reasons but I would have to guess that they will lag behind NWS because that is where they get there data. Have fun camping but we could use the rain.

Underground is still squirrelly. Last night at home (different computer) it was back up to 40% chance of rain for the weekend. Now it is back to 10% across the board.

I think I will give up and go with the National Weather Service. They have been a constant 0% chance. Consistancy is good in my book. Plus if I refuse to acknowledge that we may get rained out - maybe it won't happen.

Archived