Energy Tower III & IV: Energy Corridor Tower

Pleak

One thing I am hoping for is someday Chevron will be fed up with CA's taxes/work environment and move headquarters here. Since they have such a large presence downtown already and it being the energy capital - blah, blah. This might produce another downtown tower sooner than later.

let us hope this will be the case.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard rumors about that. Chevron has been downsizing the downstream (California) operations for sometime. To save more, it makes sense just to move everything to Houston.

Just want to be clear - I know nothing of Chevron coming. It just seems like one of the more logical outcomes considering all of their investment in downtown over the last 10 years or so, California's less than inviting business climate, Houston's energy status, etc.

Just want to be clear - I know nothing of Chevron coming. It just seems like one of the more logical outcomes considering all of their investment in downtown over the last 10 years or so, California's less than inviting business climate, Houston's energy status, etc.

And, it does seem they must have some idea of building some additional facilities downtown at some time. Otherwise, it's hard to make much sense of their purchase of the YMCA property.

Have friends in Hr - there have been meetings showing advantage chevron - disadvantage exxon shell with chevron only one left DT - next super tall bring it!

I don't quite understand this... could someone kindly explain? Thanks.

One of the main reasons for Chevron & Oxy not moving their HQ from CA to TX is PR/business advantage. If they were to move their HQ from CA to TX then they would just be another outside company trying to get business in CA plus they would lose their "pull" or barrier to entry advantage. The main question is how long and how much this advantage is worth to them compared to opportunities elsewhere vs. threats in CA.

• 2 months later...

The Chronicle has a blurb stating that groundbreaking will happen next week.

http://blog.chron.co...nergy-corridor/

They started excavation two weeks ago. Also, I normally don't have any inside info, but I'm kinda close to the Haiks and this thing IS a done deal.

Mr Haik also has plans for "Energy Tower IV." It'll be very close to III, but a certain piece of land he owns that's being used for another business is taking up space... Should be starting around the beginning of next year.

They started excavation two weeks ago. Also, I normally don't have any inside info, but I'm kinda close to the Haiks and this thing IS a done deal.

Mr Haik also has plans for "Energy Tower IV." It'll be very close to III, but a certain piece of land he owns that's being used for another business is taking up space... Should be starting around the beginning of next year.

More shade for my neighborhood and more traffic misery for everyone on Kirkwood. I wish Mr. Haik would cut a road through to Wickchester.

Highly doubtful, probably more service companies. There's no tenants, so he's hoping some will just happen to come along.

Or independents. There are a lot of them out there and they grew a lot with the shale boom also.

reading comprehension not a strong suit, i take it?

Oh it is, I just didn't bother to read it. I saw something about no tenants announced but that does not mean there aren't any - they're just not announcing any tenants. I stopped scanning the article after that. The chronicle has a habit of not posting as much information as they can or should. And Editor post it right after JJVilla's post.

• 3 weeks later...

That's not the site for this building. Your at Dairy Ashford and 10 with this pic. Energy tower III is at Kirkwood and 10.

He's still right about the no crane part, however. I drove by both yesterday, and neither has a crane yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I drove by today, and they were just starting to assemble the bottom section of the crane. Should be up soon. It's amazing how much construction is going on in the Energy Corridor right now. There are at least 5 projects under construction easily visible from I-10 between BW8 and 99, and probably several more just out of view.

Bisnow had a bit on the groundbreaking ceremony that took place a while back.

http://www.bisnow.com/real-estate-hou/2012/09/06/spec-energy-building-breaks-ground/

Didn't realize it would be connected to the Embassy Suites next door, but it also says that there will be a tower IV, when tower III fills up. That's a new development, since I always thought the plan was to have the three office buildings and hotel.

Bisnow had a bit on the groundbreaking ceremony that took place a while back.

http://www.bisnow.co...-breaks-ground/

Didn't realize it would be connected to the Embassy Suites next door, but it also says that there will be a tower IV, when tower III fills up. That's a new development, since I always thought the plan was to have the three office buildings and hotel.

they've always planned on 4 buildings or at least have been planning on 4 buildings for awhile now. a lot of activity at that i-10/bw8 intersection - this bldg, city centre III, IV and V, great indoors retail to office retrofit, and the two new bldgs on wickchester.

Where is the fourth building supposed to be on the site? The only available spot is behind the one they are currently building (depending on how far back it goes) or to the west if they demolish part of that car dealership next door.

Where is the fourth building supposed to be on the site? The only available spot is behind the one they are currently building (depending on how far back it goes) or to the west if they demolish part of that car dealership next door.

From the linked article:

"...Mac Haik already owns the land: It currently houses its car dealership, as seen in the background of this pic."

From the linked article:

"...Mac Haik already owns the land: It currently houses its car dealership, as seen in the background of this pic."

Oops, didn't see that. Glad to hear that it will be next to building 3 rather than behind it. It will make for a pretty nice complex seen from I-10, with four buildings flanking the admittedly unimpressive Embassy Suites building.

Archived