Sign in to follow this  
Pleak

Energy Tower III & IV (11740 Katy Freeway) 17-story Memorial/Energy Corridor building

Nope.. Trust me on that one. Having said that there is a distinct possibility that Mr Haik will build on the Mak Haik Auto direct lot directly across the freeway.

That is ok too!.....I feel like a small scale Dubai or the movie Brazil, where the towers lined the freeways for miles. I am only 44, but still marvel at the transformation/growth of this corridor, along with The Woodlands and the 290 corridor; oh yeah and let's not forget Sugarland. I can't wait to see what the development will be like growing up from the Grand Parkway. I know it already exists at some level, but the inner loop outer loop, we/they feuds are surely to intensify. LOL. Back to topic, though, could we expect a 40 storey in this area anytime soon? Also, one more thing, then I will shut up, exactly what a the parameters of the energy corridor? I know from Katy to Memorial City via I10, but how far north and south does it extend?

• Like 1

Back to topic, though, could we expect a 40 storey in this area anytime soon? Also, one more thing, then I will shut up, exactly what a the parameters of the energy corridor? I know from Katy to Memorial City via I10, but how far north and south does it extend?

Not sure about 40 stories, but you can expect to see something in the neighborhood of 30 stories pop out of the ground in the next 24 months. As far as the physical boundaries, I think the folks on Clay Rd (GE Oil & Gas, Cameron, etc) would like you to believe they're in the Energy Corridor. Same with the folks on the BMC Campus. It's really all conjecture.

Well, there it is, thank you. My sister is a Baskin Robbins queen and is inquiring about opening a B and R in this area. Helping her get info. She already commands Bissonet and Hwy 6 and Sugarland Hwy 6....another two in her dynasty will suffice.

The fourth the one starts construction on the 29th.

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/is-downtown-a-gateway-market/

There's just something about Aug. 29 that developers can't resist. (It's Michael Jackson's birthday, that's all we can think of.) Two office towers are breaking ground that day: Stream's The Reserve at Sierra Pines II and Mac Haik's Energy Tower IV. Managing director Paul Coonrod says 154k SF Sierra Pines will be one of the largest blocks of Class-A space available in The Woodlands. It'll also be the tallest tilt-wall project in Texas (and possibly the country) when it delivers next August. It hasn't locked in any tenants yet, but the 25k SF garden might draw some in. Check out more info here.

Edited by TowerSpotter

What are the apartments?

They are at the dead end of wilcrest  and I-10, and bordering Yorktown. They went up quickly, but work has basically stopped over the last two weeks. Not sure why. 

How on earth would they muffle the constant sound from the freeway? Don't think I would want to live at this location. The apts are practically on the freeway.

How on earth would they muffle the constant sound from the freeway? Don't think I would want to live at this location. The apts are practically on the freeway.

They are not "practically" on the freeway, they "are" on the freeway.

It's not muffled. When I first moved back to Houston one of the places we were shown was Alexan Silber. Immediately after I said "is... Is that noise the freeway?" Our realtor said "oh, granite counter tops!"
  • Like 1

The crane for tower four is going up

Actually the crane is not going up. They haven't even laid pilings yet. There's one section of crane that what was brought over from next door. not sure why.

That's sort of what I thought regarding the sound. I also saw it being built and it didn't seem to be high quality materials nor layout to try to mask it being on the freeway. I was trying to be nice by saying practically, but yeah, it's ON the freeway. Won't divert too much, but IF one is going to build ON a freeway, why not have a really nice mid building courtyard where the apts surround that, and the closets or even bathrooms or kitchens face the freeway?

Actually the crane is not going up. They haven't even laid pilings yet. There's one section of crane that what was brought over from next door. not sure why.

The crane that is not going up is going up

• Like 2

Yes, I realize that. The crane was NOT going up the day the initial post was made. That section of the crane was sitting in the lot for two weeks. I work right across the street and have full view of the lot all day.

• Like 1

So Energy IV is well underway? Identical to the other two, correct? I saw a portion of the crane today. I wonder if it will go up as quickly as III.

Yes, I realize that. The crane was NOT going up the day the initial post was made. That section of the crane was sitting in the lot for two weeks. I work right across the street and have full view of the lot all day.

Can we get construction updates (pictures)? :-)

Edited by Urbannizer

The crane is going up, yes. No pilings yet, but it's a go. And yes, it will be identical to the other two buildings.

The crane is definitely fully up at this point, with several extra sections laying near the base. Nothing in the way of vertical construction, the area just looks soaked from all the rain we've been having. I imagine they will start with pilings very soon.

Yes, I realize that. The crane was NOT going up the day the initial post was made. That section of the crane was sitting in the lot for two weeks. I work right across the street and have full view of the lot all day.

Um, ok. I was just ribbing you, but you seem oddly steadfast in being clearly wrong

Um, ok. I was just ribbing you, but you seem oddly steadfast in being clearly wrong

Clearly wrong about what? Again, at the time of the initial post the crane was not going up. The single section mentioned was moved from E III to the new lot. It was moved out of the way to make room for truck traffic. Two weeks later they moved they moved the entirety of the crane to IV's lot for the same reason. The crane is still not finished as of today. There are two more sections on the ground next door. Nothing to be wrong about.

• Like 1

Ok ok. Let's all agree on this. It is cool to see the crane going up for number 4, right? We all remember the days when multiple towers were planned, but only one was built. OR tower 2 was built years later. This is a good thing.

• Like 1

is it just me or has not a whole lot happened since the last photo update? i took pictures of it when i was driving down 10 the other day and its almost not even worth updating..

Building has officially topped out. Pine tree in place. Now we'll see what happens on Macs huge lot across the freeway. There are rumors floating.

Class B status here we come!  More ugly buildings.  What's with the return to beige half-floors (or did it ever disappear)?  I guess it's more energy efficient and cheaper to build.

i'm less and less inclined to follow "everything" being built around town; most of it is disappointing.  when there are 609 main's out there; others just pale in comparison.  even simple, subtle, classic designs would be better than the bad attempts at originality we are seeing everywhere.

we need a rating system for design.  a structure may be a "Class A" office building based on commercial standards but rate really low on the HAIF aesthetic scale.  on a scale of five stars, zero stars having little or no appeal or significance and five being architecturally significant, forward thinking; i would rate the energy III & IV buildings one star (blech - will be an eyesore in twenty years and no characteristics worth preserving).

• Like 3

Not sure if serious. Is bachanon trying to troll us?

sorry about that! not sure what defines a troll.  i seriously do not like the design of these buildings.  isn't opinion on the design of the buildings pertinent to the thread?  if you disagree please explain.