Energy Tower III & IV: Energy Corridor Tower

Pleak

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I realize that. The crane was NOT going up the day the initial post was made. That section of the crane was sitting in the lot for two weeks. I work right across the street and have full view of the lot all day.

Can we get construction updates (pictures)? :-)

The crane is definitely fully up at this point, with several extra sections laying near the base. Nothing in the way of vertical construction, the area just looks soaked from all the rain we've been having. I imagine they will start with pilings very soon.

Yes, I realize that. The crane was NOT going up the day the initial post was made. That section of the crane was sitting in the lot for two weeks. I work right across the street and have full view of the lot all day.

Um, ok. I was just ribbing you, but you seem oddly steadfast in being clearly wrong

Um, ok. I was just ribbing you, but you seem oddly steadfast in being clearly wrong

Clearly wrong about what? Again, at the time of the initial post the crane was not going up. The single section mentioned was moved from E III to the new lot. It was moved out of the way to make room for truck traffic. Two weeks later they moved they moved the entirety of the crane to IV's lot for the same reason. The crane is still not finished as of today. There are two more sections on the ground next door. Nothing to be wrong about.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Class B status here we come!  More ugly buildings.  What's with the return to beige half-floors (or did it ever disappear)?  I guess it's more energy efficient and cheaper to build.

i'm less and less inclined to follow "everything" being built around town; most of it is disappointing.  when there are 609 main's out there; others just pale in comparison.  even simple, subtle, classic designs would be better than the bad attempts at originality we are seeing everywhere.

we need a rating system for design.  a structure may be a "Class A" office building based on commercial standards but rate really low on the HAIF aesthetic scale.  on a scale of five stars, zero stars having little or no appeal or significance and five being architecturally significant, forward thinking; i would rate the energy III & IV buildings one star (blech - will be an eyesore in twenty years and no characteristics worth preserving).

Not sure if serious. Is bachanon trying to troll us?

sorry about that! not sure what defines a troll.  i seriously do not like the design of these buildings.  isn't opinion on the design of the buildings pertinent to the thread?  if you disagree please explain.

Archived