Eversole Wants Tree Ordinance By Summer's End

This is great news.

Eversole wants tree ordinance by summer's end

Group urges balance between Atascocita growth, arbor preservation

By GINGER JENKINS

Chronicle Correspondent

Demographic studies estimate that by the year 2015, about 100,000 more people will reside between Lake Houston and U.S. 59 and between the San Jacinto River and Beltway 8.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/t...02/news/3245537

(From the article:)

Last year, commissioners voted unanimously to direct the public infrastructure department to look into a tree ordinance to regulate arbor preservation in unincorporated Harris County.

That directive to the infrastructure department was due, not in small part, to a request to Eversole by members of the Atascocita Residents Care Committee on June 9, 2004.

During that initial meeting with the environmental group, Eversole reminded members that Harris County ensures private property rights and that a landowner has a right to make a profit from his land.

Committee members told Eversole they did not want to stifle development of the area but, rather, encourage preservation of the aesthetics of Atascocita as the area grows.

It's nice to see that when the residents of the area where Jerry Eversole lives make a request to him one time, that he moves heaven and earth to accomodate them. However, when the residents have been pleading with him for years to stop the unchecked growth and accompanying destruction of the natural environment or ask him to reconsider putting the Grand Parkway through Spring, he pops off with a comment about the road will be built and if it means my defeat, then so be it. I'll be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad when this clown steps down..............

Guest danax

It sounds like they'll only be able to save or replace trees on commercial property and the subdivision clear cutting will still continue and there will only be ever-dwindling patches of natural forest left.

Wouldn't commercial properties usually plant trees anyway? Sounds like a weak proposal.

• 2 weeks later...
(From the article:)

It's nice to see that when the residents of the area where Jerry Eversole lives make a request to him one time, that he moves heaven and earth to accomodate them. However, when the residents have been pleading with him for years to stop the unchecked growth and accompanying destruction of the natural environment or ask him to reconsider putting the Grand Parkway through Spring, he pops off with a comment about the road will be built and if it means my defeat, then so be it. I'll be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad when this clown steps down..............

Hey, where can I find a thread where I can post some comments about the Grand Parkway?

Archived