A.D. Players At The George Theater At 5420 Westheimer Rd.

Not A.fter D.inner? If A D does stand for Anno Domini, they should change their name to the C E (Common Era) Players.

MarkLTD explained what it meant above. I always thought AD meant the era before Christ or Abo Domani?

Oh well, in any case the place will be magnificent! :lol:

Hope they use giant moving Klieg Lights at ribbon cutting/Grand Opening. Exciting!

MarkLTD explained what it meant above. I always thought AD meant the era before Christ or Abo Domani?

Oh well, in any case the place will be magnificent! :lol:

Hope they use giant moving Klieg Lights at ribbon cutting/Grand Opening. Exciting!

I know, and I was making a joke about what he said.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I was driving down Westheimer the other day and saw a sign on the side of the street saying coming soon. Looks pretty sweet. It is located just west of Sage on Westheimer.

A.D. Players close to building new theater

This is the only like I could find after a brief search, kinda old. Does anyone know anything else about this project?

I am the resident designer/technical director for the A.D. Players, and I can assure you the project is not dead. We have had a some difficulties in our fundraising with the downturn in the economy (but what non-profit hasn't). For further information, or better yet to make a donation, contact our development office through our website www.adplayers.org

I am the resident designer/technical director for the A.D. Players, and I can assure you the project is not dead. We have had a some difficulties in our fundraising with the downturn in the economy (but what non-profit hasn't). For further information, or better yet to make a donation, contact our development office through our website www.adplayers.org

Good to hear and best of luck reaching your goal. This looks like a great addition to the arts scene in the city. How close are you guys to raising the money that you need?

I remember seeing that sign appear almost 8 years ago. I used to live on Bering, like half a block from the site, so I got really excited. I usually laugh when I see it now, thinking that the whole thing was scrapped and the sign was just forgotten.

Good to know it's still going to happen.

And I found the page on their website regarding this site:

http://www.adplayers.org/capitalcampaign.html

• 1 year later...

I happened to drive by earlier today.... looked like some new HVAC equipment for the building just to the west... didn't that one announce a renovation a while back? Could be part of that. Saw similar HVAC install ongoing on Friday for one of the woodway buildings, and for the new Gables Post Oak. Must be that time of year...

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd throw this out there. It's the same rendering provided by ChannelTwoNews earlier in this thread - which appears on the sign at the site - but this is a slightly higher-quality version which appears on the AD Players website itself.

capital-graphic.jpg

Not to overtly solicit money on their behalf - I have no affiliation with AD Players and have never even been to one of their performances - but this won't happen without donations. If you want to see this become realized, I encourage you all to directly contribute whatever you can: http://www.adplayers.org/capitalcampaign.html. It's a nice looking building and I think it would really enhance the uptown area.

• 1 year later...