Generation Park: Mixed-Use In Northeast Harris County

lockmat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I started working in Kingwood In August so I pass by Generation Park daily and it seems like the FMC building with the two cranes has managed to be stuck at 2 1/2 floors since I started. Anyone know why there hasn't been any more vertical movement on the building?

So I started working in Kingwood In August so I pass by Generation Park daily and it seems like the FMC building with the two cranes has managed to be stuck at 2 1/2 floors since I started. Anyone know why there hasn't been any more vertical movement on the building?

I'm not sure why construction has halted. If you took some pics I could definitely give you an answer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

an update of the master plan. Apparently they just signed a lease with an office tenant for a building in the northeast corner of S.Pa North (the next phase).

Edit: I wonder if the McCord rep was talking about the two buildings labeled Stolt-Neilsen Limited. Has the announcement for them signing on been made yet?

3B2DC873-0BFC-4EE9-A73B-E1733ECF353E_zps

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 4

an update of the master plan. Apparently they just signed a lease with an office tenant for a building in the northeast corner of S.Pa North (the next phase).

Edit: I wonder if the McCord rep was talking about the two buildings labeled Stolt-Neilsen Limited. Has the announcement for them signing on been made yet?

3B2DC873-0BFC-4EE9-A73B-E1733ECF353E_zps

They are in the process of moving their Connecticut offices here. Their (our), current building is going under renovations to accommodate their operations department. I'm not sure about the rest of their departments.

Edit: it would be bitter sweet to move there. It's a longer commute but a much more desirable area than Channelview. Plus the current building is dated and has irrigation issues.

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

San Jacinto College said Wednesday that it will  build a new campus  on 57 acres in Generation Park, the 4,000-acre planned development in the far northeast Houston area.

The new campus will be located across Lockwood Road from the 173-acre FMC Technologies corporate headquarters currently under construction at Generation Park. The developer  McCord Development donated 3.8 acres at the intersection of West Lake Houston Parkway and Lockwood Road to the college.

“We couldn’t be more excited to be part of what’s going on at Generation Park, San Jacinto College and even more broadly, in northeast Houston,” said Brenda Hellyer, the college system’s chancellor.

Ryan McCord, president of McCord Development, said San Jacinto College “recognized the value” of the location and “the benefits of being part of a truly master-planned enterprise park.”

“We can offer them something nobody else can: direct relationships with world-leading companies who want to work together to developer Houston’s next generation high-tech workforce — particularly subsea and downstream energy,” McCord said.

The northeast Houston area accounts for 42 percent of the U.S. base of petrochemical manufacturing, with 400-plus chemical plants employing 33,000 workers. Billions of dollars in projects are on the books.

FMC Technologies, which makes subsea equipment for the oil and gas industry, broke ground last year on its project at Generation Park, which will consolidate 10 Houston locations to the new business park. The first employees are to move there in early 2016.

Hellyer said San Jacinto College is in the planning stages of the campus.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2015/05/generation-parks-newest-tenant-is-san-jacinto-college/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Lots of firsts for Generation Park: its first anchor tenant is also its first Fortune 500 corporate campus: FMC Technologies acquired 173 acres, which is nearly the same size as the new ExxonMobil campus. McCord Development’s John Flournoy (nice catch, John!) tells us that the subsea technology giant for the oil and gas industry will be consolidating all of its Houston-based operations at Generation Park, including its global HQ, and is nearing completion of its first phase on 70 acres. Early next year, approximately 2,000 FMC employees will be moving to Generation Park in over 1M SF of office and workshop space as part of the first phase. Also new is the S.PA, Generation Park’s first corporate lifestyle center. The 52 acres is scheduled to break ground later this year and will be home to corporate office users and a mix of amenities like restaurants, hotels, conference centers, healthcare centers and child development centers. Stolt-Nielson, a leading European logistics company, recently acquired acreage in the S.PA and by winter, two hotels will be under construction. Yet another first: a 57-acre San Jacinto College campus will focus on serving the community and partnering with companies located in Generation Park to help train their current and future workforce."

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/commercial-real-estate/generation-park-hooks-big-fish-47939?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2015/07/exclusive-massive-ne-houston-business-park-lands.html

Lone Star College will build a Process Technology Center on 8.3 acres of land in the 4,000-acre Generation Park.

The center will prepare students for technical careers in the energy industry at places like FMC Technologies, which is currently building its new campus in the park, said John Flournoy, director of sales and leasing at Generation Park.

• Like 2