Centre At Cypress Developments

jimcas

We liked to go to Z Tejas when we lived in Austin. Look forward to them coming here.

It'd be nice if the developers work to keep some of those trees on the property. They have an opportunity to create a a nicely landscaped development with a good atmosphere. I really like the idea of a children's play area, similar to what they have at CityCentre. Zoes kitchen looks good as well. Great to see more interesting choices, would prefer to see an Elevation Burger though (not another Fudd's). Anyone at NewQuest out there?

No, (aside from that the last letters in the word "Center" are transposed) it won't be anything like CityCentre.

Look at their site plan. Those restaurant pad sites reflect that the demographics surrounding that intersection are vastly inferior to the demographics that influence CityCentre. There is insufficient wealth. There is insufficient density. There is (and will be) an insufficient traffic count along the freeway. This is shadow retail, feeding from the traffic counts generated by anchor retailers at that intersection, and that is all.

Niche / Professional Troll...whatever you are...do you just post crap without even reading it? Nobody said it would be like CityCentre, obviously that's a much larger development...there was a comment made that it was nice there would be a "children's play area" (an open play area similar to what they have at CityCentre).

As for the 'vastly inferior' Demographics:

Area Demographics CYPRESS (290 @ Skinner)

2 Mile: $104,699 Avg HHI, 90.5% White, 17,372 population

3 Mile: $103,173 Avg HHI, 89.7% White, 41,833 population

5 Mile: $98,602 Avg HHI, 88.3% White, 133,066 population

Niche / Professional Troll...whatever you are...do you just post crap without even reading it? Nobody said it would be like CityCentre, obviously that's a much larger development...there was a comment made that it was nice there would be a "children's play area" (an open play area similar to what they have at CityCentre).

Yeah, so just like I said. This won't be anything like CityCentre (short of that the sky will be blue and the dirt will be more or less brown).

As for the 'vastly inferior' Demographics:

Area Demographics CYPRESS (290 @ Skinner)

2 Mile: $104,699 Avg HHI, 90.5% White, 17,372 population

3 Mile: $103,173 Avg HHI, 89.7% White, 41,833 population

5 Mile: $98,602 Avg HHI, 88.3% White, 133,066 population

Yep, vastly inferior. Just as I said. Nobody cares what is the average income or the percent of the population that is white. What matters are the sheer number of persons fitting such a description within a competitive market area. And radii are a poor facsimile for a competitive market area for such completely different types of development. Honestly, I don't even know why this sliver of land merits a thread on HAIF, its so insignificant.

If it seems that I am your troll, perhaps you should reconsider. I'm like flies on trash. Don't bother blaming the flies for their presence; blame he that generated the trash.

Ok, thanks then...I'll just keep on slummin' it with my homies out here in the CYP.

Curious...Do you have the little Mac sticker that came with your iPhone stuck on the back of your Prius? Next to the Darwin fish?

Loser.

I'm not saying that they're slums, either. There's just aren't enough people, jobs, or traffic out that far...yet. It's not a bad thing. Enjoy it while you can! But it does mean that a site like this gets carved up for restaurant pad sites and other uncouth first-generation retail.

And...what's this, you think I'm some kind of raving hipster liberal!? Ha! For the record...my car, its fuel economy, and my driving habits are thoroughly obnoxious and wasteful, somewhere around 19 mpg. I don't own or aspire to own a single Apple product or any bumper stickers. And I only bother with smart phones as a matter of business necessity; I didn't even bother with a cell phone until 2008 when an employer forced the issue. And whenever I've been able to get away with it, I just switch over to one of those throw-away phones that keeps its charge for close to a week and that never loses reception. And what bothers me most about self-described Texas conservatives is that they aren't fiscally conservative at all and that they've been incrementally raising taxes and expenditures (adjusting for population growth and inflation) and then adding to government bloat, in the mean time spawning cottage industries to cope with the heavy hand of government (i.e. third-party management for thousands of special districts, hundreds of new economic development entities that compete among themselves, and property tax consultancies).

In the past, you've suggested that northwest Houston should incorporate as a City, a new layer of government. It seemed popular with a certain flavor of "conservative". Then I came in and shot that idea up all full of holes. And more recently, there was a study that came back to The Woodlands that suggested that taxes would increase by up to 70% if they incorporated, so I feel vindicated on my advice to you. But the point is, you're one of these heavy-handed big-government tax-and-spend in-name-only Texas conservatives; I doubt you'd care the slightest bit about paying more taxes so long as you could make a fashion statement out of the deal. So when it comes down to it, I'm far more conservative than you...and I consider myself to be a libertarian-leaning moderate.

But I'm still not going to call you a loser. That word lacks meaning or precision. Its just empty rhetoric. I have something better than rhetoric. I have substance.

/rant

I'm not saying that they're slums, either. There's just aren't enough people, jobs, or traffic out that far...yet. It's not a bad thing. Enjoy it while you can!

Gotta disagree w/ you about the quantity aspect. The population is there, which is reflective by the traffic. It's a mess. Also, the people who will be visiting that Centre will not be people coming out from other areas, whereas City Centre Memorial will attract non-neighborhood locals. The Centre at Cypress will most likely be consistently packed due to the lack of choices out in that area and most the patrons will be neighborhood locals. In essence, the population is there, it'll just be a different mix. Look at Cheddar's. Not exactly the Tasting Room, but is consistently packed in Cypress. It's not because Cheddar's is great or anything, but it meets the needs of the local market. Put Cheddar's off Waugh, doubt it would last.

Gotta disagree w/ you about the quantity aspect. The population is there, which is reflective by the traffic. It's a mess. Also, the people who will be visiting that Centre will not be people coming out from other areas, whereas City Centre Memorial will attract non-neighborhood locals. The Centre at Cypress will most likely be consistently packed due to the lack of choices out in that area and most the patrons will be neighborhood locals. In essence, the population is there, it'll just be a different mix. Look at Cheddar's. Not exactly the Tasting Room, but is consistently packed in Cypress. It's not because Cheddar's is great or anything, but it meets the needs of the local market. Put Cheddar's off Waugh, doubt it would last.

The traffic count on US 290 at Skinner road is at 114,000 vehicles per day according to TXDoT, and the periphery of urban growth is only another 5 miles out (and even then it's only Fairfield; there's still lots of developable land right near it).

In comparison, I-10 through Memorial City is at 293,000 vpd and Beltway 8 just south of I-10 is at 201,000 vpd. The urban periphery is about 17 miles out to the west...which is interesting, because CityCentre is only 15 miles from 290 and Skinner as the crow flies.

The quantity and quality of demographics near this site would support restaurants on pad sites that are similar to Cheddar's, but nothing at all like the tenants at CityCentre. That's what I've been saying all along and I think that we're in agreement.

The traffic count on US 290 at Skinner road is at 114,000 vehicles per day according to TXDoT, and the periphery of urban growth is only another 5 miles out (and even then it's only Fairfield; there's still lots of developable land right near it).

In comparison, I-10 through Memorial City is at 293,000 vpd and Beltway 8 just south of I-10 is at 201,000 vpd. The urban periphery is about 17 miles out to the west...which is interesting, because CityCentre is only 15 miles from 290 and Skinner as the crow flies.

The quantity and quality of demographics near this site would support restaurants on pad sites that are similar to Cheddar's, but nothing at all like the tenants at CityCentre. That's what I've been saying all along and I think that we're in agreement.

What is really more telling is the percentage of that 114k count vs the 293k count that would be patrons to the local establishments. Plus, the 293k is a double dip in that a large portion of that 114k probably overlaps to the 293k based on commute. Regardless, I think it'll be good for the far Northwest. I moved back to that area until my house finishes building in the loop, so I'm non-biased either way.

The quantity and quality of demographics near this site would support restaurants on pad sites that are similar to Cheddar's, but nothing at all like the tenants at CityCentre.

SUCK IT NICHE!!!!

What is really more telling is the percentage of that 114k count vs the 293k count that would be patrons to the local establishments. Plus, the 293k is a double dip in that a large portion of that 114k probably overlaps to the 293k based on commute. Regardless, I think it'll be good for the far Northwest. I moved back to that area until my house finishes building in the loop, so I'm non-biased either way.

I'm sure that this will be successful as proposed. It's a great retail site. The only thing that I'm disputing is that this should be in any way compared to CityCentre, which caters to a fundamentally different type of retailer.

I'm sure that this will be successful as proposed. It's a great retail site. The only thing that I'm disputing is that this should be in any way compared to CityCentre, which caters to a fundamentally different type of retailer.

True,the demographics will definitely be different; doesn't mean one is better than the other. The Cypress one will have more families and that type. The CityCentre happens to have more singles, couples, empty nesters, happy hour crowds. I've spent plenty of time in both locations, so that's my experience.

As for the wealth, over in the Memorial area it's more on the extremes, whereas in Cypress it's somewhat consistent. There also tends to be more of the stay-at-home moms in Memorial. Cypress seems to have lots more dual income families.

Thank you Niche for coming and shitting on this thread with your usual idiotic rants. Once again, nobody said it was going to be anything like CityCentre save for the developers incorporating an OPEN SPACE FOR THE KIDS TO PLAY.

As for Cypress Demographics, they're just fine and comparable with other desirable suburbs around town that boast great retail. Right now, Cypress is starved for any good retail and these restaurants should do well.

Area Demographics THE WOODLANDS (Town Center)

1 Mile: $115,459 Average Household Income, 89.97% White, 5,476 Population

3 Mile: $107,833 Average Household Income, 84.56% White, 58,453 Population

5 Mile: $113,339 Average Household Income, 84.27% White, 126,683 Population

Area Demographics LONGWOOD (Cypress)

1 Mile: $179,976 Average Household Income, 89.25% White, 9,644 population

3 Mile: $124,053 Average Household Income, 81.03% White, 72,506 population

5 Mile: $102,874 Average Household Income, 73.49% White, 188,724 population

Area Demographics COLES CROSSING (Cypress)

1 Mile: $90,513 Average Household Income, 79% White, 2,228 Population

3 Mile: $112,220 Average Household Income, 71% White, 58,974 Population

5 Mile: $106,628 Average Household Income, 70% White, 187,996 Population

Area Demographics LAKES OF ROSEHILL (Cypress)

1 Mile: $144,292 Average Household Income, 83.84% White, 5.923 Population

3 Mile: $128,413 Average Household Income, 81.72% White, 60,295 Population

5 Mile: $106,732 Average Household Income, 76.59% White, 144,484 Population

Area Demographics STONEGATE (Cypress)

1 Mile: $108,680 Avg. Household Income, 60.09% White, 5,646 Population

3 Mile: $110,599 Avg. Household Income, 67.05% White, 51,222 Population

5 Mile: $99,179 Avg. Household Income, 66.19% White, 193,730 Population

Area Demographics FAIRFIELD (Cypress)

1 Mile: $109,008 Avg. Household Income, 82.65% White, 6,836 Population

3 Mile: $105,072 Avg. Household Income, 79.51% White, 28,918 Population

5 Mile: $106,700 Avg. Household Income, 77.64% White, 59,943 Population

Area Demographics VINTAGE PARK (Cypress/Tomball/Klein)

1 Mile: $76,474 Average Household Income, 71% White, 7,081 Population

3 Mile: $108,275 Average Household Income, 74% White, 91,999 Population

5 Mile: $100,785 Average Household Income, 70% White, 236,271 Population

Area Demographics SUGAR LAND (Sweetwater)

1 Mile: $127,501 Average Household Income, 45% White, 8,695 population

3 Mile: $128,724 Average Household Income, 52% White, 70,087 population

5 Mile: $107,483 Average Household Income, 48% White, 178,968 population

Area Demographics CINCO RANCH (Cinco Ranch Blvd & Grand Pkway)

1 Mile: $162,310 Average Household Income, 80% White, 11,777 population

3 Mile: $117,126 Average Household Income, 74% White, 115,424 population

5 Mile: $107,356 Average Household Income, 71% White, 193,508 population

Area Demographics MEMORIAL (B/W Kirkwood & Dairy Ashford)

1 Mile: $112,532 Average Household Income, 70% White, 19,807 population

3 Mile: $103,413 Average Household Income, 63% White, 122,045 population

5 Mile: $88,718 Average Household Income, 55% White, 285,482 population

Area Demographics MEMORIAL (CityCentre)

1 Mile: $165,899 Average Household Income, 82% White, 9,395 population

3 Mile: $120,296 Average Household Income, 68% White, 121,046 population

5 Mile: $95,583 Average Household Income, 60% White, 346,718 population

• 1 month later...

Surprised to see it tanked so quickly. The people behind CityCentre were going to build a similar project in College Station (though not quite as dense), and it was practically full speed ahead until the economy tanked. Even though they've demolished some of the apartments and replaced them with modern three-level structures not in line with the master plan, they're still talking about it as if it will still get built sometime. Even The Plaza is supposed to be a much denser development when its done.

CScoun030812plaza-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There's a sign up on this property now for Siterra Properties at www.siterraproperties.com, however, they do not have a full website yet.

I haven't driven by, but according to this link, it looks more to me like Siterra might own the adjacent property to the tract in question, but not the one that was originally cited for the Centre at Cypress.

http://www.commgate.com/viewers/pdfviewer.cfm?ln=205337

• The title was changed to Centre At Cypress Developments

Archived