Phillips 66 Headquarters In Westchase District

Pleak

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure. Hines has a building coming out of the ground, and all indications are that Apache will occupy it. Location and size are unclear, but it's happening for sure, and it's going to be tall.

"...and it's going to be tall.''

Does that imply that it'll be unusually tall? I mean we all know a 30, 40 or 50 story building is tall but the fact that you included ''it's going to be tall'' peaks my interests. lol

"...and it's going to be tall.''

Does that imply that it'll be unusually tall? I mean we all know a 30, 40 or 50 story building is tall but the fact that you included ''it's going to be tall'' peaks my interests. lol

I don't think it will be unusually tall, but then again, I'm not clear on the specifics. I'd guess in the 30-40 story range.

I wonder if Chevron and Shell are finding that being downtown is making recruiting the best and brightest young talent a little bit easier?

The oil and gas workforce is aging. Professional recruiters are literally fighting to place people in jobs. All things considered, if you were in your 20s, would you rather work downtown or out in The Woodlands or Energy Corridor?

Downtown! I'm 26 and work for a consulting company. My previous project was at Shell downtown, now i'm stuck at BP in the energy cooridor. Once this one ends, I'm praying I can land my next one with Shell or Chevron so I can be downtown again. It also helps that I live in Midtown...

I've been working in First Colony through my late 20s. It has its perks, but I would also prefer a closer-in location. I can take long lunch breaks and pretty much do anything because there are a ton of reddish-brown brick stores and restaurants in the area. However, I breathe easier every time I cross back into Harris County. Fort Bend County is just...well, unusual.

I am 28. I work in an industry that puts me in different parts of town for 1 - 3 month periods all of the time. (in the last 5 years, I have spent months working downtown, energy corridor, galleria, 290 and 1960, Sugarland, Gunspoint, Lockwood warehouses, Woodlands, and a bunch of out of town locations)

I always enjoy downtown the best. It is the only place where I can walk around to a ton of different places during lunch and walk to happy hours, etc. There is just so much closer by.

maybe something like this.... :D

102_1643.jpg

I'd love to see Chevron add a decorative top to the building.

Just dreaming here at bit, but remember that the Bank of America building in Atlanta is only a 55 story building (1.2M sq ft) yet is the tallest US building outside of NY and Chicago!

bank-of-america-plaza.jpg

Apache will be a part of the BLVD Place development correct ?

Correct. Apache bought a portion of the site (where the Pavilion once stood), and the word is that they plan on building their headquarters there. It's not officially part of BLVD Place proper, but it is on the site itself and the BLVD Place official site plans show two towers, one "33-story tower" along Post Oak Blvd. and an additional one to go up later (it's listed as "future tower") in the back along Post Oak Ln.. Probably won't hear anything for a while as their lease at their current spot next door at Post Oak Central isn't up until I believe 2018, so look around that time as a possible end date for the construction of whatever they may build.

Generall speaking, Chevron issued an RFP for Architectural services (which have been awarded), and MEP (which have been awarded).

The new building will be in the CBD, replacing an existing building. None of the documentation I've seen refers to it as Allen Center... the proposed location is several blocks from any of the existing Allen Center buildings.

What is an MEP?

Correct. Apache bought a portion of the site (where the Pavilion once stood), and the word is that they plan on building their headquarters there. It's not officially part of BLVD Place proper, but it is on the site itself and the BLVD Place official site plans show two towers, one "33-story tower" along Post Oak Blvd. and an additional one to go up later (it's listed as "future tower") in the back along Post Oak Ln.. Probably won't hear anything for a while as their lease at their current spot next door at Post Oak Central isn't up until I believe 2018, so look around that time as a possible end date for the construction of whatever they may build.

Here is one of the articles about it http://www.chron.com/business/article/Apache-Corp-buys-a-big-chunk-of-BLVD-Place-3603732.php

I would love for them to build something like this;

11.jpg

12.jpg

http://www.willfox.com

The colors and shape would look amazing at night. But, the cynic in me knows that it will likely be value engineered enough to where it will just be a glass box that will get lost in the rest of the towers. With the boom that is happening now, which we know will not last forever, it would sure be nice if someone built something bold... I would do it but I need to locate a few hundred million first.

The colors and shape would look amazing at night. But, the cynic in me knows that it will likely be value engineered enough to where it will just be a glass box that will get lost in the rest of the towers. With the boom that is happening now, which we know will not last forever, it would sure be nice if someone built something bold... I would do it but I need to locate a few hundred million first.

If we can't get a signature tower now while the economy here in Houston is booming, then I don't have very high hopes of us getting one. I feel the same way about the proposed grand mixed use projects like River Oaks, Regent Square, and BLVD Place. If they can't get built now with the Houston economy in the state it is now then they won't get built. Atleast not how they have been proposed.

Archived