Redwood - Before & After Pictures

TXvoodoo

Several months ago I started stripping the paint from the clear heart redwood on my home and this is the finished project. I plan on stripping the rest of the wood on the house in the near future. The post and beam in the photo were constructed of treated pine but I wrapped them in redwood that I salvaged from a home that was to be torn down in River Oaks. It was 1x6 tongue and groove but I milled each piece to a 4.5" board by cutting off the tongue and groove then stripping the paint and sanding each piece. I am very happy with the finished product and feel that it has added warmth, a ton of style and a more organic feel to the home. I also threw in a picture of the original doorknob. I put in a new front door and used steel wool to hand buff the doorknob which at that point was so tarnished that it was black. Let me know what you think.

Excellent refurbish...and u salvaged materials. Bravo! More brownie points...very pain-staking work, with steel-wool. I've done it a time or two. Truly a labor of love. I love natural wood. Can't understand painting over it with white.

Archived