Warwick Houston Restaurant At 5888 Westheimer Rd.

Houston's is now called Hillstones.... does anybody know what's up?

At first I thought they changed the name because it was getting confused with the city of Houston. But after checking the website for Houston's, its still called Houston's, but the parent company is called Hillstone Resturant Group, and they have a resturant called Hillstone (don't know if its new).

• Like 2

• 9 years later...

aMOttKb.jpg

5888 Westheimer was the previous site of Houston's restaurant. The restaurant closed in 2019.

After two years on the market, the property was leased sometime in early June (at least that's when the listing was last updated before being removed in mid to late June).

Replacing the former Houston's is a new restaurant and lounge named the Warwick. This may be a collaborative project from Steve Rogers (Prospect Park, Bar 5015), Mazan Baltagi (Slowpokes, Christian's Tailgate), and maybe others.

I emailed all the relevant news organizations covering Houston's food & beverage scene about this in June. I thought at least Eater Houston would report this since Eater as a whole covers rumors of potential new restaurants and bars. Unfortunately, they decided to sit on this as the Houston site does with most news and tips I send their way, many of which locals want to know. And many have wondered what would come of the former Houston's restaurant near the Galleria area.

A few days ago, Steve Rogers announced the Warwick. He didn't, however, provide the address but it is planned for 5888 Westheimer.

Along with announcement on both his Instagram and the Warwick's Instagram, Rogers uploaded a 3D model video of the proposed design.

https://imgur.com/HZHlF3D

Instagram: @ thewarwickhouston

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to 5888 Westheimer Rd.
  • 5 months later...

According to Eater Houston a new place will replace the shuttered Houston's.

"The Warwick, named after one of Houston’s first luxury hotels, will open on Westheimer and Fountain View this spring — paying homage to Houston’s, a beloved upscale chain establishment that served the city’s diners for nearly 40 years."

https://houston.eater.com/2022/2/14/22930573/the-warwick-replaces-houstons-restaurant

bAvpmr6.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 4:58 PM, hindesky said:

According to Eater Houston a new place will replace the shuttered Houston's.

Yep. I shared the very same thing in September in the post above yours. I also emailed Eater Houston about it, as mentioned above. Five months later, and Eater finally decided to report this. And it's probably because they received a press release that was also emailed to other Houston news outlets.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:46 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

aMOttKb.jpg

5888 Westheimer was the previous site of Houston's restaurant. The restaurant closed in 2019.

After two years on the market, the property was leased sometime in early June (at least that's when the listing was last updated before being removed in mid to late June).

Replacing the former Houston's is a new restaurant and lounge named the Warwick. This may be a collaborative project from Steve Rogers (Prospect Park, Bar 5015), Mazan Baltagi (Slowpokes, Christian's Tailgate), and maybe others.

I emailed all the relevant news organizations covering Houston's food & beverage scene about this in June. I thought at least Eater Houston would report this since Eater as a whole covers rumors of potential new restaurants and bars. Unfortunately, they decided to sit on this as the Houston site does with most news and tips I send their way, many of which locals want to know. And many have wondered what would come of the former Houston's restaurant near the Galleria area.

A few days ago, Steve Rogers announced the Warwick. He didn't, however, provide the address but it is planned for 5888 Westheimer.

Along with announcement on both his Instagram and the Warwick's Instagram, Rogers uploaded a 3D model video of the proposed design.

https://imgur.com/HZHlF3D

Instagram: @ thewarwickhouston

• The title was changed to Warwick Houston Restaurant At 5888 Westheimer Rd.