West Memorial Place: Office Building At 15375 Memorial Dr.

ChannelTwoNews

I can readily believe all that you say, though ... it seems like FEMA might be more to blame: flooding concerns, more so than pollutants. I don't really know.

Where I live, the landscape is littered with retention ponds that rarely see a drop of water, taking up a truly unfortunate amount of space. I saw that some genius had made an attractive one, once; it sort of looked like a real pond, and there were bullfrogs and a heron that thought so too; so perhaps it can be done. I think they must have pumped water into it, though. It hasn't rained here in years. Usually these "ponds" are full of Johnson grass; at their ugliest they are huge concrete boxes in the ground, surrounded by chain-link fencing, so children won't fall into them. They look like they will make an excellent mass grave, at some future date. You can be a know-nothing like me and still have a sense that, this can't possibly be best practice. Perhaps the solution was less pavement, more green in the first place?

I think: it pays to heed what nature does, and then consider -- is there a compelling reason for us to do something differently, that nature will fight?

In my view, the answer is seldom yes. Your friend's comments about roads and green-space confirm me in that view; and we like to be confirmed in our views, do we not?

No offense was meant -- I don't know what Rush Limbaugh looks like. I am trying to picture him, but nothing comes. When I punch "fat man" into my mental database, for some reason Orson Welles in "The Muppet Movie" keeps popping up.

. I was being a dork. I knew you weren't implying anything personal. I've been too long in my own head this weekend. Back to topic.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/2055-another-full-city-centre-tower/

63679_1403217479_SkanskaGrayco-medium.jp

South of Memorial and west of Eldridge, Skanska is about to top out on the first of two 350k SF buildings (1) called West Memorial Place. And construction proceeds briskly on Grayco's 379-unit apartment and townhome community immediately to the south (2).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/2734-multifamily-monday-aras-three-big-deal-sweet-spots/

65900_1410188497_WestMemorialPlaceTwo-me

Skanska Launches Second Phase

West Memorial Place isn't even delivered yet, but Skanska announced this morning that it's breaking ground on Phase 2 this month. Rendered here is West Memorial Place II, a 381k SF, 14-story office development in the Energy Corridor. It's slated to deliver at the end of next year. Like its predecessor, it's targeting LEED Platinum. Phase 1 is 50% preleased, and will complete in Q1 '15.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

West Memorial Place

Location: Energy Corridor, south of Memorial Drive adjacent to Terry Hershey Park

Developer: New York-based Skanska USA Commercial Development

Original plan: After nearly completing the first half of a two-building office project, the developer started construction on the second in the fall, expecting to see strong demand from tenants in the energy sector.

Status: The first building, nearly 60 percent pre-leased, is expected to open next month. Construction has started on the second building, which should be completed in the spring of 2016. There are no tenants yet.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Cracks-forming-in-commercial-real-estate-market-6037038.php#/0

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It would be nice to see the new totals of office space in Energy Corridor vs Uptown vs Downtown to see how big we got in this latest boom.

Transwestern shows 34,435,183 square feet in the Katy Freeway/Energy corridor submarket, with 2,589,956 square feet under construction.  New Energy Corridor total inventory:  37,025,139 square feet.

For Downtown, Transwestern shows 53,105,156 square feet, with 1,680,820 under construction.  New Downtown total:  54,785,976 square feet.

For Uptown (West Loop), Transwestern shows 33,135,145 square feet, with 1,213,000 square feet under construction.  New Uptown total:  34,348,145 square feet.

http://www.transwestern.net/Market-Research/Documents/Southwest%20-%20Houston%20Office%20MarketWatch%20-%2009.2015.pdf

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

Interesting that they show Sugar land as being essentially flat, and the Med center not growing at all.  I wonder if they are missing some of the construction?  I never really realized just how big the Energy Corridor was until I read this 

• Like 1

Energy Corridor takes a decent-sized lead on Uptown. Wonder if in the next 20 one of those markets will exceed Downtown. Wonder if Dallas has a submarket larger than its downtown already. Up in these parts I once heard Tyson's Corner had more private office space than all of the District of Columbia proper - not sure that is true though.

Seems extremely unlikely that either of those areas would overtake downtown within 20 years.  They would have to gain almost 1 Million square feet per year, and it's not as if no office space is being added to downtown.

According to Transwestern, no DFW submarkets are larger than the Dallas CBD.  FWIW, however,  both the Energy Corridor and Uptown/West Loop submarkets exceed the Dallas CBD.

Energy Corridor takes a decent-sized lead on Uptown. Wonder if in the next 20 one of those markets will exceed Downtown. Wonder if Dallas has a submarket larger than its downtown already. Up in these parts I once heard Tyson's Corner had more private office space than all of the District of Columbia proper - not sure that is true though.

They are including Memorial City and City Center, as well as other offices going up on I-10.

The EC it's self is not larger than Uptown. Combined construction on I-10 is, but you're talking about a stretch of freeway several miles long (not really one submarket).

• The title was changed to West Memorial Place: Office Building For Energy Corridor
  • The title was changed to West Memorial Place: Office Building At 15375 Memorial Dr.
  • 3 months later...

ratio3x2_1150.jpg

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/offshore-services-co-office-lease-energy-corridor-17878234.php

"Fuller Realty has landed a major tenant at its West Memorial Place office campus in the Energy Corridor. MODEC, a global supplier and operator of offshore production systems, and SOFEC, a MODEC company specializing in mooring and fluid transfer systems for the offshore energy industry, signed a long-term lease for 116,161 square feet in West Memorial Place I at 15375 Memorial Drive. Houston-based Fuller Realty purchased the West Memorial Place campus from developer Skanska last year. Johnny Kight, Stewart Smith and Aaron Ander of Fuller Realty represented the landlord. David Carter and Jay Kyle of Colliers represented the tenant. Developed in 2015, the two-building campus is adjacent to hike-and-bike trails at Terry Hershey Park and has a full-service restaurant and bar, tenant conference center, gyms and other amenities. MODEC and SOFEC will relocate its Houston office to four full floors in West Memorial Place I in late 2024, according to Kight."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/04/26/technip-energies-headquarters-move-energy-corridor.html

"Paris-based Technip Energies is moving its U.S. headquarters less than 3 miles west in Houston’s Energy Corridor.

The global engineering and technology company earlier this month signed a lease for the top six floors of the 14-story West Memorial Place II at 15377 Memorial Drive."

JLL’s Graham Horton and Mark Reilly represented the tenant in the 171,600-square-foot lease with Houston-based Fuller Realty."

"When Fuller Realty purchased the campus, it was at 65% occupancy. Technip will bring occupancy up to close to 90%, Kight said. The 14-story West Memorial Place II is currently 35% occupied, increasing to 87% with the new lease, Horton said."

• Thanks 1