Sign in to follow this  
zaphod

"The Stack" 4-story infill development to replace old Albertsons

I was watching tonight's KBTX 6 PM news and they reported that the closed Albertson's shopping center at south College and University Drive will be mostly demolished for an infill type student apartment building. I can't find any online articles about it yet, but I will post as soon as KBTX puts this evening's stories online and I can find any site plans or announcements from the developer.

Apparently It will be called the "The Stack", appears to be 4 or 5 stories, will have ground floor retail and 2 levels of underground parking, and have about 400? units. Apparently it won't actually cover the whole center, but rather end at Hurricane Harry's which will remain.

Edited by zaphod
  • Like 1

I think they said the development will be called Legacy, but the apartment buildings will be named The Stack. This is going to be really nice! Plus we have the redevelopment of the old hotel at Texas and University into a mixed use center.

Great, this means Crazy Cajun's may not move out. A+ Tutoring has about half of its classrooms in the center, though: what will become of that? Also, that Albertsons has been vacant for about 15 years, so...

Pretty cool. It will be hard for me to picture the big parking lot and vacant grocery store not being there. Now someone needs to redevelop the Plaza Hotel property. ^_^

Edited by The Pragmatist

Here's a before and after I meant to post a while back:

6MkpY3Jh.jpg?1

hScT8azh.jpg
Edited by Scotch

The next buildings that get put in this area, when ultimately this massive parking lot gets redeveloped (I remember there being a preliminary plan for this parking lot), better not be freakin beige or so help me......

• Like 1