The Stack: 4-Story Development To Replace Old Albertsons

zaphod

I was watching tonight's KBTX 6 PM news and they reported that the closed Albertson's shopping center at south College and University Drive will be mostly demolished for an infill type student apartment building. I can't find any online articles about it yet, but I will post as soon as KBTX puts this evening's stories online and I can find any site plans or announcements from the developer.

Apparently It will be called the "The Stack", appears to be 4 or 5 stories, will have ground floor retail and 2 levels of underground parking, and have about 400? units. Apparently it won't actually cover the whole center, but rather end at Hurricane Harry's which will remain.

I think they said the development will be called Legacy, but the apartment buildings will be named The Stack. This is going to be really nice! Plus we have the redevelopment of the old hotel at Texas and University into a mixed use center.

• 2 years later...

The next buildings that get put in this area, when ultimately this massive parking lot gets redeveloped (I remember there being a preliminary plan for this parking lot), better not be freakin beige or so help me......

• The title was changed to The Stack: 4-Story Development To Replace Old Albertsons

Archived