Surface Parking Lot - 302 Tuam St.

trymahjong

They've already been locked out a couple weeks ago. This seems to happen every year, but this time it seems to be for good. The new owners were running the business very stupidly. The beer selection had dwindled to almost nothing and the pizza quality was plummeting. The surly service used to be something sort of adorable that you would put up with to have a good time, but lately it was just annoying and the icing on the cake.

The week before they closed they wouldn't let my friend pay for dine-in with credit card. Credit cards were for delivery only, they said. So yeah, it looks like they were intending to not pay their rent and get as much cash in hand as possible before it went under.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

the next morning early--maybe 6 am all the strrets were blocked off and you could tell the firman had gone all the way to avondale and helena to use that hydrant--

I guess the building was only cinder block-- but I liked the cylinder looking part, the front door and the vw in the wall--

whatever happened to the plans for the building across the street?

The uneven roofline, with columns higher, is what makes me think it was old. And the corner entrance that looks like it was expanded. I saw it on the television as it was burning. From a historical perspective it could be noteworthy, if not architecturally. It's a matter of opinion.

Was the interior really made of cinderblock? then I could be wrong. Stucco can cover up a lot, as well.

Edited by NenaE

This building?

http://g.co/maps/f42pv

Hopefully they will do something keep Growing Midtown moving South.

I asked because I had posted this last January on the Fbar thread and haven't heard anything since=>

The owner of Pub Fiction brought renderings of the building to a Midtown Planning meeting awhile back. If plans haven't changed since then... the building is going to be awesome w/ a nice entrance on the corner w/ columns. It will be multi story (I think 2 or 3) with a roof bar thing w/ parking in the back

I don't get to go to as many meetings as I did last year. . . . . .

Edited by trymahjong

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to Late Nite Pie Restaurant On Fire
  • 1 year later...

302 Tuam St and 310 Tuam St were listed for sale last year.

302 Tuam was the previous home to Late Nite Pie restaurant. 310 Tuam St is next to breakfast and brunch restaurant Harry's ( 318 Tuam St ).

A Loopnet listing for the properties shows it was unlisted in early December:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/216-220-302-310-Tuam-Street/24174938/

03vbzIc.jpg

gTbcjYx.jpg

Fj4HAQL.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston