HAIF Financial Challenge 2012

Highway6

Kudos to Puma and Ricco for bringing up the idea of doing a new contest....

If we have enough interest.. say 10 haifers or so, I'll set up a new uber spreadsheet and we'll get this party started.

Rules :

• Contest Runs Feb 10, 2012 through Dec 31, 2012
  • Each contestant starts with $1000
  • Limit 4 Stocks/funds per contestant (at a time)
  • Google Finance will be used for prices.
  • Due to previous rule.. No wierd crap ( commondities, currencies ) It'll just screw up the spread sheet for everyone.

New Rules:

• You can Buy/Sell at any time.
  • All Sell orders must be for 100% of the stock.
  • All Buy/Sell orders will be at the closing price for the day requested.
  • All weekend Buy/Sell orders will be at Monday's closing price.
  • You can Sell some/all stocks prior to end date, but all remaining stocks will be Sold that day.
  • Each contestant will have a Holding account. ( You do not have to have 100% of your money invested at all times)

I want this year's contest to not only be about picking the right stocks, but about market timing.

This is how we are going to do this.

If you intend to play... State your intentions prior to the 10th so I can set up the base spreadsheet.

All Buy/Sell orders must stand out, similar to the following. Make them bold, make them a bright color, Center them.. all of the above.. Do something to make them stand out since I'm assuming there could be lots of these.

BUY..... XOM.... 50%.... 2/10/12

SELL.... AAPL.... ALL.... Today.

DEAR GOD SELL DAMMIT SELL NOW.... BP... ALL.... TODAY NOW TODAY.

Any questions or suggestions ?

I've been thinking about a new possible rule I'd like to suggest.

• Buy/Sell orders can be made in private by messaging me.

The transaction will still go on the game spreadsheet that day where anyone who bothers to look can see it.

Reason for possible rule change - there might be instance where a player might have the same stock as another player and does not want to publically give away that they are selling, or buying more. Or perhaps a player who is attempting to time the market doesn't want to pubicially give away that they are cashing in. Private message will still be timestamped as proof... and the transaction will be still be recorded in-game the day of.

What say ye ?

Kudos to Puma and Ricco for bringing up the idea of doing a new contest....

If we have enough interest.. say 10 haifers or so, I'll set up a new uber spreadsheet and we'll get this party started.

Rules :

• Contest Runs Feb 10, 2012 through Dec 31, 2012
  • Each contestant starts with $1000
  • Limit 4 Stocks/funds per contestant (at a time)
  • Google Finance will be used for prices.
  • Due to previous rule.. No wierd crap ( commondities, currencies ) It'll just screw up the spread sheet for everyone.

New Rules:

• You can Buy/Sell at any time.
  • All Sell orders must be for 100% of the stock.
  • All Buy/Sell orders will be at the closing price for the day requested.
  • All weekend Buy/Sell orders will be at Monday's closing price.
  • You can Sell some/all stocks prior to end date, but all remaining stocks will be Sold that day.
  • Each contestant will have a Holding account. ( You do not have to have 100% of your money invested at all times)

I want this year's contest to not only be about picking the right stocks, but about market timing.

This is how we are going to do this.

If you intend to play... State your intentions prior to the 10th so I can set up the base spreadsheet.

All Buy/Sell orders must stand out, similar to the following. Make them bold, make them a bright color, Center them.. all of the above.. Do something to make them stand out since I'm assuming there could be lots of these.

BUY..... XOM.... 50%.... 2/10/12

SELL.... AAPL.... ALL.... Today.

DEAR GOD SELL DAMMIT SELL NOW.... BP... ALL.... TODAY NOW TODAY.

Any questions or suggestions ?

BUY AAPL 100%

I was hoping for Facebook IPO, but oh well.

Last minute bump for contestants.

Archived