Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments

mrfootball

Mia Bella Trattoria looks good.

http://www.bellarestaurants.com/mia/indexmia.html

Of course the way they generically listed what's going in at certain buildings (ie. Gelatto, Home Theatre, Office Supply, etc) doesn't do much to impress, but I'd wait until you hear what they are.

I'm pretty certain one of them is a Crate & Barrel, which would be great.

I do like the name "Vintage Market" for the hybrid HEB/CM store.

I'm pretty sure that's a Sona Med Spa, Alan Murphy has another location in the Champions (near The Container Store) its a successful upscale salon.

Roosters is an enjoyable place for a guy to get a haircut (and a beer), but doesn't seem terribly impressive. Nor does Venetian nails or GNC for that matter. FedEx...well....Fedex.

They really shouldn't post a tenant list like this without putting the names of the actual tenants. Seems like if they went out and hired the Rodeo Drive architecture firm to design this place, they'd want to post up a more impressive tenant list than one that headlines with "Roosters".

Quick! Somebody call Marketing.

I'm gonna wait until we see a more complete listing of tenants.

Edited by mrfootball

i was really hoping they would attract more of the Market Street venues. i'm guessing that the bit of 'redevelopment' at Willowbrook Mall may have something to do with the unimpressive tenant list. I heard Maggiano's is moving in there as well as others more like Brio and such. I would venture to guess that GGP has more of a pull, and more to offer, than Interfin.

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: What else is coming to Willowbrook Mall? How do you know all of this info...?

i was really hoping they would attract more of the Market Street venues. i'm guessing that the bit of 'redevelopment' at Willowbrook Mall may have something to do with the unimpressive tenant list. I heard Maggiano's is moving in there as well as others more like Brio and such. I would venture to guess that GGP has more of a pull, and more to offer, than Interfin.

They should have downscaled the entire project and just made the Vintage Market only. That is the only thing that I'm excited about, so far. From what's been said, it just seems like more of the same stuff you got all over the city already. The Tasting Room just sounds like some boring concept place, and Brios is an average chain restaurant at best. Maggiano's, from what I've heard is actually quite good, and despite it being a chain, I would consider eating there sometime.

It's going to be really depressing, overall, if the architecture of The Vintage turns out to be really impressive and awe-inspiring, but the tenants are lame. I pictured it in my head as looking like some grand market place with locally owned vendors selling all kinds of fresh food and other goods, but then that wouldn't leave any room for the grocery store.

I wish the area was incorporated, so that they could have made restrictions and laws to where the residents had more input into the tenants and into the extent of tree destruction. Many of those people belong to families that have an established presence in the Spring/Cypress area, and so it's funny that some corporate developer who has no connection to the area whatsoever gets all the say-so and the residents get none.

They destroyed a forest for another Amegy and an HEB?

Nice.

Pretty much. I am actually looking forward to the HEB, since I really like that store, and I'm starting to dislike Kroger and Randall's, so it's not a total loss. The project should have only included the Vintage Market, with the store carved from the forest without clearcutting the land.

This thing is supposed to be opening relatively soon, and yet, they still only have the banks and HEB listed on the vintage park website. I'm kind of annoyed at the lack of information, actually. Anybody hearing anything yet on what is going in in terms of restaurants or stores other than those already mentioned, or why the website is so slow on updates???

This thing is supposed to be opening relatively soon, and yet, they still only have the banks and HEB listed on the vintage park website. I'm kind of annoyed at the lack of information, actually. Anybody hearing anything yet on what is going in in terms of restaurants or stores other than those already mentioned, or why the website is so slow on updates???

I bet mrfootball has some info. He seems to be in charge of PR for Vintage Park.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In relation to a concept that I am working on, I spoke with one the reps for CBRE. She was very delicate in what was said at that time, but per a previous thread, The Tasting Room will be here, the obligatory Charbucks (er, Starbucks), the Cheesecake Factory and a couple of other high-end stores which I'm not allowed to pass along. Yet, everything is shaping up bueno.

Oh, and, if it hasn't been squashed already, there will not be a Nordstrom's. There was talks about this with CBRE, but Nordstrom's was not ready to the pull the trigger at this location at the timing of my conversation. Nords is shopping for new locations in the general region apparently though.

Tasting Room is definitely opening, as I heard that from the other location months ago. I'm not ecstatic to hear about Cheesecake Factory, but will be happy to have something to eat nearby now. However, if Ruth's Chris opens in that location (or anywhere in the area) it will not be a happy day for Perry's on Cypresswood. As of right now, they have 100% of the local steakhouse business.

I did notice there is a sushi restaurant opening across the street in the center with Martinis & More and Carvel.

Also, if you don't care for Starbucks, they are opening another coffee shop directly across the street in the next month or so.

I did noticed that sushi restaurant. I think it's named Koi's or something like that. Isn't Vintage Park also getting a sushi restaurant (Shogun). I remember seeing one over on 290 by Cinemark. Anyways, Hido (in AMC Shopping strip) is definitely still the best place for sushi in Northwest Houston.

In relation to a concept that I am working on, I spoke with one the reps for CBRE. She was very delicate in what was said at that time, but per a previous thread, The Tasting Room will be here, the obligatory Charbucks (er, Starbucks), the Cheesecake Factory and a couple of other high-end stores which I'm not allowed to pass along. Yet, everything is shaping up bueno.

Oh, and, if it hasn't been squashed already, there will not be a Nordstrom's. There was talks about this with CBRE, but Nordstrom's was not ready to the pull the trigger at this location at the timing of my conversation. Nords is shopping for new locations in the general region apparently though.

What else is going into the Vintage? I checked the website almost everyday and nothing seems to change? i didn't see a Cheesecake Factory on the siteplan map....

So let me get this right. The Vintage is going to have a Cheesecake Factory and a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse? What other major stores are going into the Vintage?

I noticed that Eddie Bauer was shown on the website. Didn't they just shut down one of their stores in Willowbrook mall? Why would they consider opening another one so close.... Same with the Gap.

What else is going into the Vintage? I checked the website almost everyday and nothing seems to change? i didn't see a Cheesecake Factory on the siteplan map....

Was told last night by a restaurant biz vendor, he has also been approached about a Ruth's Chris at Vintage Park.

Didn't realize the sushi in the center would be a Shogun. Interesting.

Strange the new strip center tenants across the street did not look into what type of competition would be directly across the street from them. Not very smart.

Strange the new strip center tenants across the street did not look into what type of competition would be directly across the street from them. Not very smart.

That Martini Bar seems to be doing quite well, and the pizza place always has cars there...so maybe not.

Guido's Pizza is doing excellent. I'm sure that the japanese restaurant will also. I don't think Cinnabon/Carvel is any good though. From what i know, Shogun isn't great in taste. Places like RA sushi, Hido, or may HB perhaps. :rolleyes:

That Martini Bar seems to be doing quite well, and the pizza place always has cars there...so maybe not.

Guido's Pizza is doing excellent. I'm sure that the japanese restaurant will also. I don't think Cinnabon/Carvel is any good though. From what i know, Shogun isn't great in taste. Places like RA sushi, Hido, or may HB perhaps. :rolleyes:

Agree with Shogun. I ate at the new location over here in Cypress and was rather unimpressed. My wife liked it though. (kind of takes away from the whole atmosphere when they forgo the traditional Asian hibachi chef with their traditional Asian precision for a guy name Pedro, who's just doing dangerous things with cutlery and flammable liquids.

I definitely agree with cinnabons from the mall. It's interesting to watch them make it. Just remember to ask for the fresh ones.

I ate at Carvel/Cinnabon once on 1960.....it's regular ice cream to me and I recommend the mall Cinnabons instead...