Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments

mrfootball

so has this been labeled as a "lifestyle" center?

Because they're getting kinda old now... Like, we get it... No really, we get it. Its nice to have 1 every so many miles apart, therefore drawing more people from greater distances and being a bit more original.

But the (for those that play sim city) "Lick's Ice Cream" affect might occur, because there are now so many being proposed.

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 1

Town Centers/Lifestyle Centers aren't getting old. Strip centers are getting old.

What do you propose instead?

I don't prefer strip centers, but I bet when the first strip center -ever- opened up, it was a good idea. (It still is. While they are ugly, they are practical).

I'm just worried about some of them not surviving, because if there are so many.

• 3 weeks later...

Former HP Land Transforms into Upscale Retail Development

By: Valerie Clifton, Staff Writer

Gone will be the days of driving to The Woodlands' Market Street, when in the summer of 2007, Interfin will take the northwest Houston shopping experience to the next level.

The land, once owned by Hewlett-Packard, was purchased by the development company who brought Uptown Park the Galleria area.

At present the 500,000-square foot open-air retail center has 25 future tenants nailed down, including a 105,000-square foot HEB superstore.

The mammoth center will be conveniently poised on the southeast corner of Louetta Road and SH249.

For the complete article, click on link:

http://www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm?new...33558&rfi=6

*edited to remove copyrighted material*

Edited by dbigtex56

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crate & Barrel, Banana Republic is the only thing I've seen thus far...and that's from the renderings on their website. They've leased it up fairly quickly from what I've heard.

There are supposed to be 7 or 8 restaurants included.

I did see (on this forum) that Mi Luna is scouting for a location in the area.

I'd like to see a Churrasco's, Maggianos, and maybe an Escalantes'.

Edited by mrfootball

• 1 month later...

Crate & Barrel is shown in the renderings on their website. I think they've pretty much leased up everything. I imagine it'll probably have a similar mix to The Woodlands Market Street, Uptown Park and maybe Highland Village (a la Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, etc).

• 1 month later...

Kelsey-Seybold planning to build new facility

Houston Business Journal - January 10, 2007

Print this Article Email this Article Reprints RSS Feeds Most Viewed Most Emailed

Kelsey-Seybold Clinic has outlined plans to build a new medical and diagnostic center in northwest Houston.

Kelsey-Seybold, Houston's largest community-based physician group, has purchased a 10-acre parcel from V&W Partners Ltd. -- the first step in its plans to develop a 60,000-square-foot, medical and diagnostic center.

Kelsey-Seybold's latest medical office will be part of a 640-acre master-planned development, called The Vintage, located near the HP campus in northwest Houston, at the corner of Louetta on State Highway 249.

Kelsey-Seybold expects to break ground on what it describes as its "Medical Office of the Future" in the spring. Services will include on-site Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerized Tomography (CT), digital X-ray and mammography services, laboratory and pharmacy.

The facility will also feature a 12,000-square-foot St. Luke's Minor Emergency Center providing patient care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It will be staffed by St. Luke's Episcopal Health System Emergency Room physicians and medical personnel.

"As the northwest communities continue to expand, so do local families' needs for comprehensive and convenient medical services," said Dr. Spencer Berthelsen, chairman of Kelsey-Seybold.

The Vintage is a joint venture of Kickerillo Companies and Mischer Investments under the newly-formed V&W Partners Ltd. The development will feature a Central Market H-E-B :wub: , single-family homes, apartment homes and an open-air shopping center modeled after Uptown Park in the Galleria area.

Harrell Architects will design the clinic, which will serve as the new home for the physicians and staff currently housed at Kelsey-Seybold's Willowbrook clinic.

"Our vision for The Vintage is to offer the very best, from comfort at home to comprehensive and convenient services, so Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is a natural fit," said Vincent Kickerillo, CEO of Kickerillo Companies. "We approached Kelsey-Seybold because of its long-standing commitment to quality care and medical excellence. Soon, neighbors will be able to eat, shop, bank, and have most of their health care needs met at The Vintage."

As part of the St. Luke's Episcopal Health System, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic is Houston's largest community-based physician group. Founded in 1949, Kelsey-Seybold offers the services of more than 300 physicians in over 40 medical specialties at 18 Houston-area locations.

Edited by mrfootball

I just drove past there again today, and noticed that every single tree in the median on Louetta from Cutten all the way to 249 has a red marker tape around the trunk.

I'm a bit concerned. I hope they're not planning on cutting those down. I can see no reason why they would want to do that.

Edited by mrfootball

I saw that too. I wonder if they plan to remove those medians and create three lanes each way. That shopping center is enormous. It sickens me to see those trees come down. I really wish instead of that

mediterrean look, they would have worked with the existing landscape and retained a wooded landscape. That plaza looks like it belongs in Sugarland. Not that it's not nice, it just doesn't fit the area.

One more thing...I noticed on the Vintage website on the aerial map, there is land pegged for "Patriot Homes". Is that manufactured housing? Are you kidding me? Right next to that shopping center and the million dollar Vintage Lakes homes??? Does anyone know a Patriot Homes other than the manufactured housing company?

That sounds like a joke, but sure enough, there it is on the website.

Why in the world would they do that to a property they deem as having "nothing but the best". Why would they put manufactured housing so close to their upscale Vintage Lakes development? I realize that is over by the railroad tracks, but one would think that property would've been better off being developed for office buildings, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping!

Anymore info on this? The aerial map definitely indicates a Patriot Homes AND a City Homes.

http://www.vintageparkhouston.com/map.php?map=aerial

Since my property backs directly up to the plot of land marked Patriot Homes, I have a huge interest in knowing whether we're talking about Manufactured Homes here.

Gosh this is frustrating! If anyone has anymore info on Patriot Homes, please pass it along. Thanks.

Edited by billyandshan

Surely it's the now Lennar-owned Patriot Homes, as the manufactured homes make no sense in this area. Patriot Homes range from $200-$300K, so that poses well for the neighborhood.

Also, they are extending Rodgers Road all the way out to Louetta as soon as the trees are cleared. <_<

Are you talking about the Rodgers Road that runs through Charter Wood and Majestic Oaks? If so, how are they planning to do that? That road runs parallel to Louetta and I think it Dead Ends at a house in Majestic oaks and 249 on the otherside.

I could be thinking of a different Rodgers Road, please advise.

Are you talking about the Rodgers Road that runs through Charter Wood and Majestic Oaks? If so, how are they planning to do that? That road runs parallel to Louetta and I think it Dead Ends at a house in Majestic oaks and 249 on the otherside.

I could be thinking of a different Rodgers Road, please advise.

Rodgers cuts through Charterwood & Majestic Oaks from 249. It dead ends at Hollow Rock, but continues again a few blocks over. That is the section that will be cut through to Louetta. If you look at the master plan map for The Vintage, you can see where it ends. It does not have a cul-de-sac, but simply a dead end street with a barricade at the end. When you look through/over the barricade, you can already see the path they're cutting for the new street.