Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments

mrfootball

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

i think the reason y vintage park is getting a lot of hype is due to the developer's rep. borlingi who is doing vintage has also done uptown park phase 1&2, montebello, granduca, etc.. high end stuff.

in the beginning there was speculation that the now heb was going to be a central market, this can still be a possibility. if heb does well there is talk that it will be converted to central market just depends on money..profit. a friend of mine works at the firm that works on this project and there are def. mixed feelings on the project. but he says most, like 85% feel it's ugly, lol but i think the style of this center will attract people and would probably be a hit. i mean anything new is typically a hit....

I'm excited about the project. A suggestion for the developers regarding landscaping. Rather than cheezy palm trees, they ought to plant Cypress trees. Cypress trees are found in the Mediterranean and it would blend in better.

I'm excited about the project. A suggestion for the developers regarding landscaping. Rather than cheezy palm trees, they out to plant Cypress trees. Cypress trees are found in the Mediterranean and it would blend in better.

i'll find out tomorrow what they plan on doing landscape wise. if they aren't def. on the palm trees i'll let them know bout ur cypress trees.....u never know it could happen :)

i know for uptown park phase 1 the magnolia trees were having a hard time surviving due to the heat and great amount of concrete and not enough water for the trees :( this was a concern of borlingi's for phase 2.....

Outside of the Tomball location and not sure if the Klein one remained open....why not go on and make it a central market to anchor the area? Your going to need a landmark to get folks consistently coming back..grocery stores are the right draw

the rest of the stores I can find closer to 1960 if I need ot get in and out...people are more loyal to grocery stores

I agree. I think it should be a central market. There's already an HEB on Louetta about 4 miles down. In all of Houston, there is only one Central Market besides the one in the woodlands (which is half HEB).

Outside of the Tomball location and not sure if the Klein one remained open....why not go on and make it a central market to anchor the area? Your going to need a landmark to get folks consistently coming back..grocery stores are the right draw

the rest of the stores I can find closer to 1960 if I need ot get in and out...people are more loyal to grocery stores

Would like a Central Market, but if they make it a hybrid, they need to call it "Vintage Market".

To demonstrate how much we like HEB, we drive all the way from Longwood to the Klein HEB at Louetta & Steubner. They've got a better Cafe on the Run than the Woodlands Market location. It'll be nice to have a closer store (even better if its a Central Market).

if I'm develping a multi-million dollar project, why not throw in all the bells and whistles?...a Central Market will create the immediate buzz they're seeking

I'm not a soup and salad guy but when I tried their salad bar at Central Market I was impressed

Same here. I was impressed too.

if I'm develping a multi-million dollar project, why not throw in all the bells and whistles?...a Central Market will create the immediate buzz they're seeking

I'm not a soup and salad guy but when I tried their salad bar at Central Market I was impressed

it's true what some say in y not throw in all the bells and whistles for this project, but from a business perspective i think they are concerned w/ the demographic. currently they feel it may be too risky to put in a central market. if not enough patrons buy from central market they will lose business for this "mulit-million" dollar project. so they are going to go the safe route and put in heb first. however, like i stated earlier if heb proves to be a sucess then there is talk that they would change it to a central market. i agree w/ their decision on this cuz on average i tend to hear people already complain about randall's prices :rolleyes:

I actually prefer the hybrid markets. I love all of the amenities (cafe, butcher, seafood market) that Central Market has to offer, but I've noticed that since they tilt so heavily toward stocking "gourmet" brands, when I'm just looking for regular, everyday brands on many things, they don't sell them or they're stocked in much smaller quantities.

I love trying new and different brands/foods, but more often than not, a common brand is more than sufficient. The hybrid markets give a good mix of both.

The Grocery biz does neighborhood pricing, based on area demographics. The suburbs in this area have fairly strong and deep demographics. Take a look sometime at the disparity of prices here vs. prices in the city. You pay more out here. I was suprised at how much more we pay at Randall's and Kroger Signature stores than at their stores inside the city. The Longwood Kroger even costs more than the West U Kroger on Buffalo Speedway.

HEB on the other hand, consistently has lower prices and a better overall product in terms of quality.

When you look at how many Central Market stores they've got in Dallas/FW, Austin, and San Antonio, one wonders why they've been so scared to expand in the Houston market beyond their one store? I think HEB would find that there wouldn't be any sticker shock, rather, customers would find more value. Given the same prices, would you rather buy a filet mignon from Kroger or Central Market?

There are lots of BBQ grills in the far NW waiting on the more interesting things that Central Market has to offer.

can't figure it out but alot of businesses usually skip or don't put as much emphasis in the Houston area...cannot understand it...

We lose 7-11 but it's everywhere else, Dallas has more "concept" restaurants while we get the basics

unfortunately no, none of the trees could really be saved due to the amount of parking needed for this project.

if you were to keep trees that would be difficult since trees are random, and this has a planned layout for parking, etc.

plus this is all tilt wall so you need to have easy access for the cranes to lift up these panels.

in uptown park phase 2 this was a minor issue due to distance of the buildings to the back fence and power lines. however, in phase 2 there was this old oak tree that borlingi wanted to save and it did get saved.

I ate at Carvel/Cinnabon once on 1960.....it's regular ice cream to me and I recommend the mall Cinnabons instead...

I thought most of the Cinnabon stores closed?

RC is pretty awesome, but I think a good deal more expensive than Taste of Texas.

I hear their salad bar is phenomenal.

Randalls is different than Kroger and HEBin that respect. There is only one add for all Tom Thumb/Randalls while Kroger and HEB ads vary area to area. At one time I was getting 2 different HEB ads and 2 different Kroger ads in the mail. One was from the Tomball area in the mail and the other was from The Woodlands area in the paper.

I know Randalls have the same price points because I shop there with a list from the Grocery Game website/coupons and the list is for all TT/Randalls stores.

Archived