RM Atkinson & Associates Building At 2403 Bagby St.

Chi-Char-Hou-Dal

It doesnt really look like the renderings yet... I also dont understand why they bothered preserving the two brick walls (I'm skeptical it saved much manpower/cost in relation to total project). The difference brick colors are kind of... ugly. Hopefully, they paint them to match or something...

Edited by Purdueenginerd
  • Like 2

It doesnt really look like the renderings yet... I also dont understand why they bothered preserving the two brick walls (I'm skeptical it saved much manpower/cost in relation to total project). The difference brick colors are kind of... ugly. Hopefully, they paint them to match or something...

Without knowing any of the details behind this project there can be a great many reasons why you keep part of a structure in tact. Goes well beyond construction CAPEX.

Glad to see it's moving forward, the new street is looking great as well, a much needed improvement to midtown all around.

• 1 month later...

Yes this weekend they were really gutting the old building ; saw a woman taking pics thought it might have been a fellow haifer - it will be an impressive before and after and no matter what crowd it brings more infill = more fun! With the redo of bagby I can't help but see Bagby as Houstons version of McKinney ave in Dallas.

I was going through old pictures to post and looking up this thread for information - that totally could have been me (though I was only out there for a second or two!)

• 2 weeks later...

True - give it 6-9 months and something new will pop up then it may just be a convenience to be so close. I see more bars popping up further down Bagby as construction finishes. Is UNION bar closed? 

PS -I've posted about it before but can we please install and light up Bagby at night. Pitch black still many months later.

PS -I've posted about it before but can we please install and light up Bagby at night. Pitch black still many months later.

It looked light they were installing lights near the old Boy Scout building a couple days ago -- I dont know if they are part of the Bagby redo, or part of the Boy Scout building remodel though.....

I live in the red brick ones. Most of my neighbors are over 50. I know it's not a club but I think that place will attract a lot of people in general and the neighborhood is packed Thurs-Sun as it is.

I like those. I think anyone that lives there knows what comes with the territory though.

• 5 weeks later...

Walked by a few times is weekend: it was packed. Looks like the crowd migrated from drinkery too, which coincidentally was empty.

Everything in midtown was empty except this place. Kind of hilarious in a way because the places who selectively let people in let everyone in now.

Everything in midtown was empty except this place. Kind of hilarious in a way because the places who selectively let people in let everyone in now.

Well Celtic Gardens sure was packed Saturday night... I will say that most of the other spots had some room to breathe though.

• 3 weeks later...

Went here for lunch a few weeks ago. I'm no expert but it looks like they put a ton of money into this place -- the finishes really looked high end. And they seem to have built it for multiple different configurations --  a variety of (high-end seeming) garage doors to close off spaces when it's too hot to be completely open.

Food was fine, specialty drinks didn't do it for me. But their open roof area was the perfect way to spend a sunny April afternoon. This place has been absolutely slammed when I've walked by on weekend nights.

• The title was changed to Building Going Up At 2405 Bagby St. In Midtown
  • The title was changed to RM Atkinson & Associates Building At 2403 Bagby St.