Midtown Court Developments

DrLan34

• 2 weeks later...

Another Starbucks?! Good god there's one at Randall's and one at Gray and Smith, how many do we need within a 1/2 mile radius?

If it were up to Starbucks executives, every store in the world would be a Starbucks, so to answer your question, how many storefronts/retail spaces are there in that half mile radius?

If it were up to Starbucks executives, every store in the world would be a Starbucks, so to answer your question, how many storefronts/retail spaces are there in that half mile radius?

I don't really agree with your statement. No company wants to cannibalize their own establishment. Too much can be a bad thing and can certainly hurt company profits. Each store is strategically placed in a manner to not cannibalize others.

The #1 complaint from Starbucks customers is that there are not enough Starbucks stores close by.

Not to worry! They just announced they are opening another 1500 US locations.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp plans to increase the number of its cafes in the Americas by more than 20 percent by opening more than 3,000 new shops there in the next five years as it looks to rely on tea and juice as much as coffee, it said on Wednesday.

When Starbucks' fiscal year ended on September 30, the company had 18,066 shops around the world, with just over 12,900 in the Americas. The United States dominates that region and will get more than half of the 3,000 planned new stores that the company announced on Wednesday.

• 3 months later...

you're right... latest flyer shows:

1. Starbucks

2. Potbelly

3. Total Nutrition

4. Mattress Firm

5. Massage Heights

6. Chipotle

This is the biggest tragedy of suburban lifestyle inside the loop since they built a walmart near the heights.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 2

This is the biggest tragedy of suburban lifestyle inside the loop since they built a walmart near the heights.

This is going to come of as trolling, but it's a serious question, because this kind of comment always fascinates me. I think I understand your comments related to Chipotle and Starbucks because they're big corporations, they have a lot of locations and aren't unique to the area. But when in a companies' growth does that happen?

Did Chipotle become bad when they took McDonalds money to finance their growth or was it before that (they had already expanded to 16 locations when that happened). Would you feel differently if Freebirds (80 locations, headquartered in California and growing) went into that space? What about Mission Burrito (4 locations and local)? What if an entrepreneur/chef who was trained at the Culinary Institute of America opened a fast, casual restaurant that was committed to sustainable agriculture (description of the first Chipotle Location opened by current chairman and CEO Steve Ellis)?

I'm all in favor of supporting local restaurants and entrepreneurs and hopefully some of our locals will win the lottery, like Steve Ellis did. If you don't like Starbucks and Chipotle, don't patronize them, but a "tragedy"?

• Like 4