Sign in to follow this  
ChannelTwoNews

Skanska Buys Downtown Block (Main/Clay/Fannin/Bell)

http://www.chron.com...ock-2477771.php

The company plans to develop a 10,000-square-foot child care center on a portion of the site for JPMorgan Chase, one of Skanska's tenants in the Houston Club tower. Construction will begin at the end of the third quarter.

The rest of the block will be open for development, spokeswoman Jessica Murray said.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews

Like I said on Swamplot, I'll take it. Anything is better than a parking lot. Hopefully these parking lots get fully developed in the not to distant future.

Those blocks have been parking for decades. I'm not holding my breath waiting for any substantive development, although it will be good to see some of the space developed for the child care center.

Like I said on Swamplot, I'll take it. Anything is better than a parking lot. Hopefully these parking lots get fully developed in the not to distant future.

I prefer parking lots to empty buildings.

Hmmm, industry insider info? The flyer also indicates South Texas College of Law changed their name, so it could just be sloppiness. But here's hoping!

According to this, Skanska is planning to build an office tower on the site.

Nothing particularly new here.  Skanska said earlier that they see a lot of opportunity on the south end of downtown and anticipate developing an office tower on this site at some point.

Edited by Houston19514

Skanska said earlier that they see a lot of opportunity on the south end of downtown and anticipate developing an office tower on this site at some point.

Some point seems at least 5-10 years down the road! It would be nice if they considered a residential highrise to help create a southern residential core around the lightrail.

My intuitive sources tell me it will be built quicker than expected or slower than expected. It could also potentially be built right when we expected it. No word on if it might not even get built yet. I'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by xsatyr
  • Like 2

My intuitive sources tell me it will be built quicker than expected or slower than expected. It could also potentially be built right when we expected it. No word on if it might not even get built yet. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thank you for giving us every possibility ever.

• Like 1

According to this, Skanska is planning to build an office tower on the site.

9653611257_4b790d41fb_b.jpg

http://www.moranandco.com/listings/sendfile.asp?type=listing&fileid=14862

Aka block 317:

Http://group.skanska.com/Global/Investors/Presentations/2012/Skanska-CMD-201206019-FINAL.pdf

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 1

Looks good though. It's always bothered my how the South side of Downtown gets no love.

• Like 1