Thoughts On The Suburbs

The bart train runs from San jose , Milpatas and yes as tourist this how we go into Frisco staying at the Marriott [Milpatatas aka San Jose mall of the americas] , drive down the block park the car , take bart use the buses . thats why its called bay area transit . That way when your ready to leave you dont fight the traffic . People working in the bay area drive in from as far away as Modesto 90 miles each way . Its not the future it happens every day . www.bart.gov and www.vta,org are connected check it out a way massive system . Yes lots of people drive cars in Frisco but some have to park and ride just not enough parking for everyone.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you have that grasshopper/ant metaphor backwards. After all, aren't cities often compared to ant hills?

No, I had it right - the working class (the ant) is found in the suburbs. The non-working class (the grasshopper) is found in the center of any city. College students, retirees, & young white collar types is mostly what you find in the center of the city. The suburbs is where you find most of your blue collar working class who still sweat everyday and use their hands to fix things - not the local mechanic.

Just keep telling yourself that help will come to you, and that you can eat pigeons & rats until help arrives!

The bart train runs from San jose , Milpatas  and yes as tourist this how we go into Frisco staying at the Marriott [Milpatatas aka San Jose mall of the americas] , drive down the block park the car , take bart use the buses . thats why its called bay area transit . That way when your ready to leave you dont fight the traffic . People working in the  bay area drive in from as far away as Modesto 90 miles each way . Its not the future it happens every day . www.bart.gov and www.vta,org are connected  check it out a way massive system . Yes lots of people drive cars in Frisco but some have to park and ride just not enough parking for everyone.

There is no BART train from San Jose to anywhere. The nearest BART train is from Fremont. But in the future there will be a San Jose BART train. I hope this helps.

vta is San Jose system and yes it interconnects look again or have you ever been to the bay area. altamont commuter express San Jose to Frisco. It runs 6 times a day down the 86 mile cooridor heck it even connects to Stokton.

Cant let it go , I have read the forum from front to back to get a feeling of the mindset set of the general population . Stay on topic , read your forum this is all posted somewhere or delete away . The statements were ment to provoke thought . Wise men discuss . Ignorant men go to war . And those hungry for power just censor the whole thing so the world is all rosey to there liking , uneducated people are easier to control .

Wise men reason. Weak men pray.

• 2 weeks later...
Desparate?  Au contraire.  These are delicacies in many countries.

BTW, I found this suburbanite survival guide while perusing the net.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2001/04/20wilderness.html

The first paragraph is best.

That was hilarious, but would it really be considered the suburbanites survival guide.

No, I had it right - the working class (the ant) is found in the suburbs. The non-working class (the grasshopper) is found in the center of any city. College students, retirees, & young white collar types is mostly what you find in the center of the city. The suburbs is where you find most of your blue collar working class who still sweat everyday and use their hands to fix things - not the local mechanic.

Just keep telling yourself that help will come to you, and that you can eat pigeons & rats until help arrives!

Since when has inner city Houston been all white collar, college kids, and retirees. I would say both have a large population of working class. Possibly leaning toward the city in numbers.

• 3 months later...