Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

I'm presuming urbanize713 was asking about the north side of the building, not the east side.

From the plans, I would guess it will be pretty much a solid wall.  It appears the north side of the base structure will be pretty much occupied by back-of-house functions, so likely few, if any, windows or other fenestrations.

However, given the design of the structure, I would guess the solid walls might be at least partly covered by a glass curtain wall.

Edited by Houston19514

I wonder what is the ratio of room space to total floor area for this thing, and how it compares to large hotels in the past. It seems very low, as though the hotel industry has moved further towards trying to keep patrons in the building and getting more and more revenue out of them from things other than room cost.

Edited by H-Town Man

I wonder what is the ratio of room space to total floor area for this thing, and how it compares to large hotels in the past. It seems very low, as though the hotel industry has moved further towards trying to keep patrons in the building and getting more and more revenue out of them from things other than room cost.

It looks like theyre doing the typical single hallway with rooms on each side. I'd guess the first 6-7 floors are filled with meeting space, amenities, etc...

But I can't guess the ratio. I'm normally one to spend as little time as possible in a hotel when I'm exploring a new city, that being said... if I saw that pool... I'd want to swim in it. 

• Like 2

It looks like theyre doing the typical single hallway with rooms on each side. I'd guess the first 6-7 floors are filled with meeting space, amenities, etc...

But I can't guess the ratio. I'm normally one to spend as little time as possible in a hotel when I'm exploring a new city, that being said... if I saw that pool... I'd want to swim in it. 

With the building profile as thin as it is. Thats a pretty sure bet :P