Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

Not sure if anyone has seen this video on youtube, seems pretty cool

Marriott Marquis Houston - Opening late 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwExMfU0WN0

great video and thanks for posting! I did notice that in the video they show the George R Brown with the roads open in front and not changed to the new entertainment/dining pavilion areas.... its going to look even better!

• Like 1

Noticed today that they have started installing some of the cladding on the East side of the building.  Sorry I didn't get a picture but I was merging on 59/69...in a company car.

Be careful i know the feeling i finally got a shot of the hamilton and will try to get a pic of central square they are pretty much done with all the glass on the side of 45 not sure how the oppsite side looks

^^^ the only thing that i simply cannot stand regarding the otherwise inspiring video, is the outright lying about UPSCALE SHOPPING.  surely, they must realize that they are in downtown houston.... right?

• Like 4

most retailers are waiting on retail "co-tenancy" to develop downtown before making the plunge. unfortunate, but hopefully someone pulls the trigger sooner than later, or Macys finally decides to plop that smaller format store down in the retail district.

Aren't you guys forgetting about Dress Barn?

yes, of course we are purposely forgetting about the DRESS BARN!  heck, with all of the profound modernization of the downtown houston, who in their right mind, would be seen visiting a barn.....

^^^ the only thing that i simply cannot stand regarding the otherwise inspiring video, is the outright lying about UPSCALE SHOPPING. surely, they must realize that they are in downtown houston.... right?

Well I guess if you come from a small town that doesn't have a BCBG in the local mall department store, that could be considered "upscale".