Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

Do they work on this at night? And just being curious about how many workers are on this project during a day?  

the last item that i referenced in regards to the workers, were that there were over a thousand + employed as per this project.  yes, they are working day / night shifts.  i am not abreast of the personnel shift allocations.

• Like 1

They've been working on just the 290/610 area for at least 5 or 6 years now. Ridiculous...

ummmm no? I drive this everyday. If you are talking about the 290 to 10 ramp yeah that was done about a year ago, but the bulk of the work has been done over the past year. I know it doesn't sound as ridiculous as 5-6years but this has only been going on for 1 1/2 - 2 years.

I remember the interchange at 290/610 being worked on when I first moved to Houston 3 years ago.

ummmm no? I drive this everyday. If you are talking about the 290 to 10 ramp yeah that was done about a year ago, but the bulk of the work has been done over the past year. I know it doesn't sound as ridiculous as 5-6years but this has only been going on for 1 1/2 - 2 years.

The part of 610 between Ella and 290 has had ongoing construction since at least 2009 (and I think 2008). I remember a buddy of mine moving to North Dakota in 2009, and then calling me in 2011 and asking if that area was still under construction...and when I said "yeah," I could practically see him over the phone shaking his head. It's still not even close to being finished.

The 610/I-10/290 interchange had its groundbreaking during the mega-drought in late July, 2011. The 290 to I-10 ramp was just completed a few months ago.

http://www.guidrynews.com/11Gazette/21311August1Gazette.pdf

Traffic has been backed up to and from 45 just about every day for hours because of this crap...there is absolutely no legitimate reason why it should take this long to finish this project, and many others around town for that matter.

Sorry for derailing this thread...just wanted to clarify that.

• Like 1

The part of 610 between Ella and 290 has had ongoing construction since at least 2009 (and I think 2008). I remember a buddy of mine moving to North Dakota in 2009, and then calling me in 2011 and asking if that area was still under construction...and when I said "yeah," I could practically see him over the phone shaking his head. It's still not even close to being finished.

The 610/I-10/290 interchange had its groundbreaking during the mega-drought in late July, 2011. The 290 to I-10 ramp was just completed a few months ago.

http://www.guidrynews.com/11Gazette/21311August1Gazette.pdf

Traffic has been backed up to and from 45 just about every day for hours because of this crap...there is absolutely no legitimate reason why it should take this long to finish this project, and many others around town for that matter.

Sorry for derailing this thread...just wanted to clarify that.

This part is non debatable :P That whole section of 610 from 290 to TC Jester and to Ella has been under continuous construction for a few years but that was part of the 610 reconstruction and subsequent prep construction for the 610/290 buildout.

• Like 1