Marriott Marquis - New GRB Convention Center Hotel + Retail

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The advantage of being at work early....

Via Flickr: IMG_9694 by James Fremont, on Flickr

Posted Images

We may not have gotten a super tall or a very unique tower this boom cycle, but we did get a couple of towers that make a big impact on our skyline (as this does), we got a lot of residential and hotel rooms which will change the feel immensely, and we got rid of a lot of surface lots.

• Like 3

We may not have gotten a super tall or a very unique tower this boom cycle, but we did get a couple of towers that make a big impact on our skyline (as this does), we got a lot of residential and hotel rooms which will change the feel immensely, and we got rid of a lot of surface lots.

I don't think we'll ever warrant a supertall unless the density continues to increase the way it has this past cycle closer to Chicago levels, (11,864.4/sq mi compared to it being 3,662/sq mi now).

Edited by curbur

I don't think we'll ever warrant a supertall unless the density continues to increase the way it has this past cycle closer to Chicago levels, (11,864.4/sq mi compared to it being 3,662/sq mi now).

That is a great stat. thanks for that! With Houston Downtown being roughly a mile x mile (a little less, I think, actually), when much the stuff on the books gets (hopefully) built, we might be something like 9,000-ish. That would be great!

• Highrise Tower changed the title to Marriott Marquis - New GRB Convention Center Hotel + Retail