Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

Although the model probably is to scale, you are seeing it from a perspective you won't experience in real life. The rendering is probably to scale as well, and you will see it like that if you look up from right across the street. But most of the time, it will look like something in between.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Houston Chron say construction was to begin today? I checked Oxblue and it looks like nothing is going on. I'll swing by there during my lunch break and check it out real quick.

I walked by there myself today. Whole lotta nuthin' going on. 

I walked by there myself today. Whole lotta nuthin' going on.

Yup. Maybe it will start tomorrow.

The only thing I saw in the area was that they were still doing soil testing on the other lot with the 39 story residential tower on it, but now on the northern portion of the lot.

This is a frustrating project. I see it is moving forward, but with the city dumping $150 million into this it's not unreasonable to expect it to get going a little quicker right? Haven't they had financing lined up, renderings completed, and contractors picked for months now? They had a big groundbreaking ceremony a month ago, ate their cake, and since have really only erected a fence. Sure it's not Mayor Parker's responsibility and there are other projects that have quietly cancelled or pushed back start dates, but I don't think there is a more reported on project in all of Houston(besides the Exxon aerials for days) while also receiving city money and is still failing to make major progress. I have no doubt it'll pick up soon(probably this Monday to spite me), just a little perturbed something with so many things going for it still cannot start at the announced (April 11th) groundbreaking. Honestly, so they don't ever get it wrong, they should just say it'll start soon and will be finished sometime after that. It would be annoying, but at least they can't be wrong when using vague terms.

End /rant. Sorry about that guys. Really anxious for this side of downtown to look completely different in a few years.

• 2 weeks later...