Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

I believe that those trailers are the construction office for the hotel. And, that likely means that the Hess site and the hotel construction are being jointly coordinated (scheduling wise).....

Yeah.  The question was about why they apparently moved more than three trailers on to the site and then moved all but three back off the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone who has a background in construction, engineering, or building, explain something to me?

Why has the excavation not included that street level section where they are parking equipment? Is that area to remain un-excavated or is it is sequencing issue?

Sequencing. They, have to leave a dirt ramp for the dump trucks and equipment to come in and out of the hole.

• Like 1

Sequencing. They, have to leave a dirt ramp for the dump trucks and equipment to come in and out of the hole.

Thank you.

I know about the ramps (they have one on the side away from this large elevated area too and it is just a ramp.... Not a big area like this). It just seemed like such a large area that has remained unexcavated that I was really perplexed. I have zero experience in these trades so, to me that large of an area just for ramps just seemed odd.... I would never do it that way..... But, of course, my building would fall down too..... So I am not to be trusted.

Thanks again! I really appreciate learning new things!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...