Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

3 hours ago, bobruss said:

I just had a few of my Convention center update images on Swamplot today. Check them out. 

If you go to their Facebook page they used my panorama of the convention center for a click and drag which came out pretty cool.

Hope you'll check them out.

^^^ @bobruss may you present a link.  didn 't see anything new upon their facebook page....

16 hours ago, lockmat said:

This area, standing in the middle of DG, is feeling awesome.

I'd be a little surprised if this area doesn't start booming more than it already is if/when the market picks up again.

Now if we can just somehow go back in time and not build the embassy hotel

• Like 2

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

Most anticipated swimming pool in Houston since Glenn McCarthy's pool at The Shamrock. This hotel will kind of be our closest thing to The Shamrock.

They just need to attempt the water skiing exhibition. I'd pay to see that.

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

CvpSHT6UEAEIbJ7.jpg

picgifs-beautiful-72636.gif

^^^ @Mab props for sharing this most gorgeous illustration.  i am stunned by how graceful and beautiful both BG PLACE and 609 MAIN are in this shot.  also, just check out the intimate details of the LAZY RIVER pool itself from what we can see.  it seems that the officials may have spared no expense here.  this terrace is going to be a splendid masterpiece...

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, tanith27 said:

Flattered I guess they took my pic from here and used it for publicity.  Viewed 2.7 million times.  Figure they should at least give me a free float down the river.  lol.

Capture.JPG

You should definitely contact them.  Using photos without permission is a big no no.  I'm sure you could squeeze something out of it :)

• Like 6

On 10/10/2016 at 6:49 AM, UtterlyUrban said:

now, turn your eyes to Detroit.  Are you 25 right now or 55?.  If you are 25 you might live to see Detroit rebuilt into something fantastic.  55? You might live long enough to see the beginning of the change. 

Downtown Detroit is booming in redevelopment and renovations. My company (former in a few days) does a lot of work on projects in downtown detroit. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Purdueenginerd said:

Question, I thought there was a small law that forbid high-rises in downtown from having signage. 

I apologize if that has been addressed already. 

There are some exceptions.  Apparently hotels are excepted (at least hotels in the convention district).

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2