Sign in to follow this  
s3mh

Public House

http://www.facebook....114321872006529

New bar coming to the same building as D'Amicos. Looks to be on the small side. That's all I know about it.

It's been open for a little while now. They have several local beers on tap Karbach, something from Katy, and one from Galveston.

Pretty blank canvas--- needs the people to build a little character in but there is also something appealing about the simplicity. No food at all--- not even chips for after you've had a few and need something, anything, to munch on. Hope they'll remedy that. When I went Wed night the bartender served our drinks, but you would think he would have turned it on a little considering they're new and it was empty. I've worked with a lot of bartenders (and dated a couple), so I know what they're capable of....

Pretty blank canvas--- needs the people to build a little character in but there is also something appealing about the simplicity. No food at all--- not even chips for after you've had a few and need something, anything, to munch on. Hope they'll remedy that. When I went Wed night the bartender served our drinks, but you would think he would have turned it on a little considering they're new and it was empty. I've worked with a lot of bartenders (and dated a couple), so I know what they're capable of....

Yeah I went last tuesday and had a couple questions on beers I wasn't familiar with, no one else at the bar at all, and dude was a mix of contemptful and disinterested.

Been there 3 times now, it's becoming my favorite local. Yeah, it's bare-bones, but if you want a nice brewed in Texas pint, a laid back atmosphere, and some decent outdoor seating, it's hard to beat. I've also discovered that I can wander over D'amico's, place an order to go, enjoy some more beer at the Public House, then pick up my food and feast whilst finishing off a pint on the deck. A+++!!!!

• Like 1