Sign in to follow this  
fatesdisastr

Houston Texans 2011 Thread

You jinxed it! There is a thread every year, and every year has ended in disappointment. So far so good, but we can expect downhill from here on out.

It's too late. With 10 wins and 3 games to go and a clinched playoff birth and divisional championship, this CAN NOT be considered a disappointing season. In my opinion, the real goal of this season was to get into the playoffs for the first time. And they did it. Anything from this point on is just icing on the the cake. I certainly believe the Texans have the capability and potential to go all the way to the Super Bowl. But even if they lose in their first playoff game, this season should be considered a smashing success. Especially when you think about all the milestones that were achieved, winning game after game after game with all the star players injured and the pitiful state the team was in one year ago today. I think the Texans did the impossible in the win against the Bengals today. Watch the accolades pour in for this win.

CONGRATULATIONS TEXANS and THANX FOR AN INCREDIBLE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 1

Would it be tacky to mention that I ordered play off tickets two minutes after the win?

With 3 games left in the season. That is good real game practice for a young rookie to get under his belt for a chance at the playoffs. Yates is obviously a quick learner, very poised in the pocket and doesn't get rattled easily. This boy just might surprised us even more down the road.

I haven't listened to sports talk in a while, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear qb controversy talk already for next season, do we play this new kid, or shaub?

Depends on how well he finishes the season I guess.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

i believe a scenario similar to this (injuries, not necessarily making playoffs) is how Brady got his start. the NFL is not very good at picking QBs and there are several starters that went in the later rounds.... Im hoping we got one

Yeah, Brady was a backup for Bledsoe, and Bledsoe never came back.

I don't think Yates is anything near Brady, but I certainly hope that the final drive from yesterday was enough to give him the confidence to be great.

Tom Tynan commented this morning on his radio show that he was going to the grocery store after his show to pick up some steaks to grill before the game today. Then he throws in "but I'm not going to Krogers.......not today at least..hah hah!".

I thought I was the only one that weird.

Sort of fitting that the historically loser Bengals will probably knock the historically loser Texans out of the playoffs.

Sort of fitting that the historically loser Bengals will probably knock the historically loser Texans out of the playoffs.

Yep. That's something I've learned about over my many years here. My buddy calls it the "Houston jinx."

I was way wrong about the Texans and gladly admit it. I do think Yates threw some really bad balls and was lucky he didn't get what should have been a pick 6 against him. I still don't think they have a good chance against the Ravens unless TJ picks his game up.

CONGRATULATIONS TEXANS ON YOUR FIRST EVER PLAYOFF WIN!!! Not just a win but a BLOWOUT WIN! Life is good!

In fact, right now, the Houston Texans are the only team in the NFL to have NEVER lost a playoff game!!!

Enjoy the moment. Jinx and jinxers be damned. GO TEXANS - PLUCK the ravens.

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 2

Can they beat the Ravens? Who knows? Right now I'm just relishing a great playoff victory. It's been a long wait.

Yesterday was a fantastic game. I do agree that Yates has a lot of work to do before next week. There is no doubt that Flacco will be playing at the top of his game that Yates cannot match.

Lucky, it seemed like our defense was firing on all cylinders verses the Bengals. Lets just hope for another stellar defensive game next Sunday.

I really hope it was just nerves that was causing Andre to play sort of off yesterday. We really need him to pick up his game.

I'm excited. Bring on the Ravens!

There is no doubt that Flacco will be playing at the top of his game that Yates cannot match.

Actually, there is plenty of doubt whether Flacco is on his game or not. His QB rating is identical to Yates', and the knock on Flacco is that some days he lights it up, and others he stinks it up.

We'll see.

BTW, our defense is better than theirs, though it is by a hair...literally 3 yards per game better. Our offense used to be much better, but now is virtually equal as well. Only home field is to their advantage.

I cant believe it. Ive never paid for my own texans tix. I paid for one last week and now im goin alone next week!!! Any baltimore

architectual gems i should look out for? Haha!

I'm proud of how our defense played. They were outstanding in the 2nd half of the game. Arian Foster was unstoppable as well. Glad he had a great game. Just way to many mistakes, especially those interceptions. They proved to be killers. I'm already excited about next year though :)

It's hard to be too disappointed right now. The Texans had the greatest season in their short history and they are now an experienced playoff team with many positives to grow on. Next season should be even better. GO TEXANS!

• Like 2

I'm proud of how our defense played. They were outstanding in the 2nd half of the game. Arian Foster was unstoppable as well. Glad he had a great game. Just way to many mistakes, especially those interceptions. They proved to be killers. I'm already excited about next year though :)

It's hard to be too disappointed right now. The Texans had the greatest season in their short history and they are now an experienced playoff team with many positives to grow on. Next season should be even better. GO TEXANS!

Agreed on both accounts. A step towards something greater in the future. Their shining players just need a bit more experience. Great job, Texans!